Recent content by Get a hearing test

1. Get a hearing test

New Chinese IEM's

Yeah dont think ill care about tuning on the 10 mins im using them outside. Likely one ear only too to not get hit by retard drivers. What about Moondrop Space Travel. Also raving reviews by audio fanatics. Why isnt it bestestest?
  2. Get a hearing test

New Chinese IEM's

Is there a deal somewhere in eu cause i'm seeing 54 usd or 60~ eur on ali and amazon.de. That's double the price. The kz one is barely 28 eur shipping included with discounts. Doubt it's 2x better.
  3. Get a hearing test

Budget DAC Review: behringer UMC204HD

Simply bought it to power my mic. It does the job. Used it for a short while as amp dac and it was slightly better than onboard but noisier and induced a slight headache during long listening.
  4. Get a hearing test

New Chinese IEM's

Ordered kz zs10 pro x from ali. With china shipping its order and forget for 1-3 months. Also dont wanna spend more than 30 on something thatll break 100% within 1-6 months probably. Usually i just bulk buy 10-15 dollar ones, which ever has "raving" reviews at the time and once i run out of them...
  5. Get a hearing test

Does Anyone Else Enjoy The Sound From Their Smartphone Speakers?

Only phones that sounded decent to me we're zte axon 7 and mini one. But it's old now if u can even find one. Think they have dedicated dacs. Audio jack and dual front facing speakers. oled screen. Dont know if axon 10 pro is any good or even newer ones. Don't know of any other "audiophile" phone.
  6. Get a hearing test

What cables do you use in your systems?

Got cables for 2-5 eur and a few different pairs of ghent cables for 15-20 eur. The short ones somehow sound worse than a bit longer ones. If the cables arent junk theyll sound fine.
  7. Get a hearing test

JDS Atom Amp+ Review (Headphone Amplifier)

Still using my first atom amp for 3-4 years now so quality is great. Definitely looking into them if anything changes.
  8. Get a hearing test

Sennheiser HD660S amp/dac suggestions

Try hd600 from what ive read sparingly 660s sounds like weirdly EQ'd or modded hd600. May be wrong. If the sound isnt flat and separation dont seem crunched on the same plane then whatever you have is good enough for your headphones.
  9. Get a hearing test

Any point in upgrading Khadas Tone Board (v1) AND/OR JDS Labs ATOM (v1) for my Focal Clear?

As amirm might have mentioned the dacs and amps have improved so much in the last 3+ years that youre pretty good no matter what you choose in 100~ range and above.. So the only way to really change or "improve" the sound as others pointed out is either EQ it or experiment with different headphones.
  10. Get a hearing test

JDS Atom Amp+ Review (Headphone Amplifier)

Same. Still works after well over a year or maybe even 2 now, so its built well. Channels are a bit uneven at low volume but its not a problem really. Listening to classical pieces is bliss.
  11. Get a hearing test

This audio cable business is getting out of hand...

So i gave the "expensive" cables a listen again and ive changed my mind. The distortions ive "heard" and the seemingly hot sound was not badly designed or botched cables, in fact they are more open and because theyre like 6 times shorter, the signal is stronger? Sounds less mushed and muted...
  12. Get a hearing test

SONCOZ SGD1 Audio DAC Review

soncoz at 75% volume and you have 25% less volume, that might be it. Always have your dac at 100%? Is there a problem with 100%? Is it too hot sounding or something? Why woulld anyone use less than 100% im curious.
  13. Get a hearing test

Can we agree headphone amplifiers are solved?

Its true. The only difference on higher cost amp is more knobs and features and POWERRRRRRRRR. Having an option to fry your headphones is a nice feeling every time you turn the knob, just dont sneeze. Dacs seem to have done the same. 200 dollar headphone. 100 dollar amp 100 dollar dac gets you...
  14. Get a hearing test

Where Have All the Serious Audiophiles Gone?

My taste for good quality audio stays home when i walk out the door. I dont even notice how terrible the iems are when im more focused on not getting hit by passerby's. As long as its not truly awful sound, im not gonna care at all.
  15. Get a hearing test

HD6XX bass

Yes ill look into HE4XX once they solve the build quality somewhat. This could take maybe half a year i'd guess. Headphones casually falling apart on stationary listening is funny to say the least. Vibrations must be undoing the construction lmao.
Top Bottom