Recent content by GelbeMusik

1. GelbeMusik

Salk WoW1 Bookshelf Speaker Review

I once had a business in the field of loudspeaker development, after working with a company, OEM only, for two years. I'm a natural scientist by education. Additionally I studied mathematics, chemistry, AI, social sciences, and was in economics for a year. I hang around with artist and musicians...
  2. GelbeMusik

Personality cult? I'm afraid I have to ask this, but shouldn't such an examination take place before the release? I mean, somebody had a little dream come true for a lot of dollars. It's kind of a bust for now. I think that's a pity. ( I wouldn't be so hasty because of the technical reason...
  3. GelbeMusik

A Freudian slip? -- good or odd ? -- I couldn't resist, sorry. Do You say something like "measures bad, sounds good"? Or do You expect this speaker to be out of specs, defective? Usually sound engineers are not interested in loudspeakers. They simply have to work. These people have other...
  4. GelbeMusik

Ja, now include the phases of the moon and we have arrived. Pardon the sarcasm, but there comes a time when that relativization stops. Sorry again, but this relativization of the mischief can be a real pain in the neck. If the measurements made are valid, then this is simply crap. You just...
  5. GelbeMusik

I listed some numbers above. I have to correct them down by 6dB. The reason is a wrong specification of the maximum excursion in WinISD. So there is still 70dB average level left if you want to have about 15dB dynamic - in one meter distance mind you. This is really not much. Especially the bass...
  6. GelbeMusik

Yep, I recommended to not push such little drivers way beyond their limit. But, in this very case the WinISD simulation software predicts a limit well above 96dB (2pi) / 90dB (4pi) from 50Hz (!!) on. We have 4pi conditions here. So, at least the 86dB-measurement doesn't show that much of...
  7. GelbeMusik

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

Puh! This is a personal offense. Many of my posts should reveal some, in audiophilia maybe unfamiliar, understanding of the topic. Ironically I have a deeper problem with a lack of it. You get the logic? There are still so many unanswered questions. I only discuss them, or rather try to discuss...
  8. GelbeMusik

Philharmonic BMR Speaker Review

So, the latter curve doesn't include the interference with baffle reflections, right? Don't You think that's a bit pedestrian? Btw, which is Your leading ear? Everybody has a leading ear. Which is Your side of preference, left or right?
  9. GelbeMusik

Thank You, I take that. But I'm out anyway. You know, first You try to sport some humor. But sooner than later it becomes sour. Sometimes it feels as if audiophiles in their well-known pedantry (Sigmund had a very German word for it) use "science" as a new toy. That would be exactly the same as...
  10. GelbeMusik

So it's a diagram of something you need to come up with a story about. Where does it come from? What is it? Anyway, this only convinces those who no longer need to be convinced, but are to be confirmed. I'm missing energy since my 80th birthday. You are way younger, sure. There are still...
  11. GelbeMusik

If one thinks of 70dB to be very high of a level. See https://croweaudio.blogspot.com/2020/06/horn-no-1155-for-raal-70-20xr-pure.html mentioned here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/horn-loading-raal-ribbon-tweeter-full-measurement-comparison.14457/ ( Regarding an...
  12. GelbeMusik

Hm, lost in translation? Referring to Your recommendation, to mitigate a "collapsing directivity"-- how would you flatten the bass and the mids, but leave the treble untouched? Just a thought experiment.
  13. GelbeMusik

Twisted logic? You'd have to muffle the bass and also the mids, but leave the treble untouched. How? You sell room treatment commercially. As an expert, what do you recommend to accomplish the task?
  14. GelbeMusik

If I could not imagine that the theory of preference, so celebrated here, would need an addition, then the term 'science' would probably be inappropriate. I think the 'science' should be clarified in several places. Conceptually I am not quite clear what 'preference' means. The term seems to be...
  15. GelbeMusik

What I wanted to say was that I am not interested in the personnel of hearing tests. They don't know anything about music. they rate the loudspeakers according to their expectations. the quality of experience of the situation - it's actually known what I mean by that? The mindset - is probably...
Top Bottom