Recent content by geek101

1. geek101

Using AI for Review Thread Summaries?

Hi @amirm , Currently in all of you reviews you have a "Conclusions" section. Would this section be same as the "Summary" you are envisioning or something different?. It would be possible to train/fine-tune a model to help it get close to your style of writing and also attending to facts only...
  2. geek101

End Game Speakers - The Quest Continues

You may be aware of this already?: https://www.spinorama.org/scores.html?sort=scoreEQWSUB&reverse=false I would weight third party reviewed data more in the sorted list. Regardless of speaker, good room correction, room treatment will be necessary for most folks. Do you have a dedicated...
  3. geek101

Using TV as center channel speaker ?

Many people vehemently disagree with you
  4. geek101

Quest for AVR with 96dB+ SINAD with balanced XLR pre outs \w optional AMP stage

Integra DRX-8.4 at $3.2k is closer to $2k. They seem to have better DACs.
  5. geek101

which amp would be "better"

All good amps sound the same ie they attempt to amplify the source without adding distortion. If you want this then start with Fosi audio v3 300w (can be used as monoblock) for $81 or May be with larger power supply at $140. Start with one and if not enough based on distance you sitting from the...
  6. geek101

16bit resolution is 96db and 15 channels is atmos for home theater with multiple subs. Not far fetched
  7. geek101

What is wrong with my expectation? I admit I am ignorant of economics of making such a device. But my expectations are in line, I want fully balanced XLR to eliminate noise in long cable runs, I am only asking for pre out and not amplified so 11.4 is 15 channels. Marantz cinema 40 is $3.5k, cut...
  8. geek101

My subwoofer is 29” tall and next to TV. I could move it to another area in the roof couse , my eyes are 39” from floor.
  9. geek101

At 100” TV sitting 8ft away there is no room. Heck even my subwoofer is too tall
  10. geek101

That’s nice of Sony. Wish other manufacturers adopt this.
  11. geek101

Can I do this by simple plugging in center channel pre out to TV rca input ?. Large TVs leave no room for a proper center channel placement when optimal viewing angle is considered. Anyone doing this ?. Are recent TVs good enough to be a center channel only speaker?.
  12. geek101

Prefer to pay less than 2k, need hdmi 2.1 with Dirac support. I don’t care for an AMP stage. But it seems to me such AVR is like $6k or more ? Like marantz AV10 etc. I can’t believe I can get a 100” TV for less . Monoprice or emotiva are you listening? May be I should just use TV to decode...
Top Bottom