Recent content by Ge0

1. Ge0

Audiophile Music Must Haves?

One of my favorites of all time.
  2. Ge0

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

What type of a backlog is there for reviews? How long have your DT 880's been gone?
  3. Ge0

What headphones would you like Amir to measure next?

I have a brand new set of Sennheiser HD58x I would be willing to send for analysis. I also have a set of Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro's on the way that could send out after that. Any interest in ether?
  4. Ge0

beyerdynamic DT 1990 pro

Carrying case? Do you still have the analytical pads? Could you please provide photos from a few different angles? Maybe highlight points of cosmetic ware.
  5. Ge0

I am really confused on how Windows 10 audio works.

Are you kidding? I've been reading through your thread for days. I am learning a lot. Of course I will participate once I learn enough to contribute :) Regards, Ge0
  6. Ge0

I am aware of the miniDSP products. I was actually planning on using a PC and VST plug-ins to perform crossover, EQ, phase, and timing. However, for the same price as a Focusrite 18i20 I can buy a miniDSP C-DSP 8x12 V2.0 which contains all this functionality in the box. Another option on my...
  7. Ge0

I have looked at both. I'm considering the Focusrite. It's on my short list. I'm a little concerned about the quality of the Behringer. It seems to cheap to be true. I'm also looking at a 16 channel device from Motu. But, I am afraid it is cost prohibitive.\ I'll search out reviews...
  8. Ge0

BassThatHz is a freaking nut case :). I've been reading his 60 page long thread on his audio system for the past 2 nights. I still haven't come to any indication that he is using audio interfaces. But, I'm sure that will come.
  9. Ge0

@maverickronin That's right. I forgot Windows has ADHD. It can process fast as h3ll but can't focus on one task for too long :) Your description of what I am doing with the EDIROL FA-101 is exactly correct. I used the optical cable because I could not get the Virtual Cable to work correctly...
  10. Ge0

Well, I thought this was Audio SCIENCE review. I thought this topic would be relevant for a tech section. Not asking about how VST software processing works. I'm just asking how to properly set up an audio interface in windows. That seems to be a common topic here.
  11. Ge0

Does computational power improve latency issues when processing a chain of VST plug-ins? I'd think an 8 core 16 thread 5GHz processor could keep up. All processing is complete by the time I reach the audio interface outputs. Sure, there will be some latency through the interface. But, this...
  12. Ge0

@Vasr , Now that you say it this way it finally makes more sense to me. I tried using virtual cable in the past but couldn't figure it out. I gave up. I was missing the step where you need to route the RECORDING SIDE of the cable to the VST host. I couldn't wrap my head around the concept...
  13. Ge0

Here is my current setup. It works OK. However, the EDIROL FA-101 audio interface has not been supported for years. It is a royal pain trying to trick Windows 10 to accept it's unsigned Windows 7 drivers. It takes days of trickery to get working. Then, every time Windows issues an update it...
  14. Ge0

Here is what I want to do. Any sound source from windows: Then route then to a VST host where I can have plug-ins perform various functions. Finally, the output would be routed to a multi-channel audio interface like this: I picture the overall block diagram looking like this...
  15. Ge0

REW offline measurements, what should I put caution on ?

I haven't quite figured this out but our sensitivity to decay is a function of frequency, amplitude, and time. I believe the math exists. I just can't wrap my head around it. You are correct though. We are much more sensitive to anomalies in frequency response that have a wider Q factor
Top Bottom