Recent content by GDK

1. GDK

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

I don’t think it’s a mistake. I’m pretty sure he’s using FACTS as an acronym. My best guess on what it stands for: Forgoing All Common and Technical Sense
  2. GDK

Harman acquires Roon

ASR is actually not on the list. "K" is the "Any Other (Tell Us Which)?" option.
  3. GDK

New Kii Seven

Sure, but it could be that it’s the description on their online store that’s incorrect here, rather than the price, but @JustJones ’s strategy should work. It’s still a hassle in my book, but maybe one that’s worth risking if it pays off.
  4. GDK

New Kii Seven

I would think the worst case scenario is that they send you a single speaker and then you have to fight to get a refund and/or deal with the return shipping of a single speaker in order to get your money back…
  5. GDK

The making of the "Pi"

I thought it was another of Amir’s cooking threads…
  6. GDK

Hi Res music

I haven’t seen ASR’s favourite neckbeard posted in a while, so heeeeeeeeere’s Monty!
  7. GDK

Himalayan salt lamps as a HiFi tweak

I agree completely. I think the current-day focus on dry martinis is an odd affectation. Pour me a Gibson any day. If God had meant for us to drink straight gin, He would not have invented tonic water.
  8. GDK

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

Susvara Owner Discussion Before the ASR Review: Susvara Owner: I own the greatest headphones in the world :cool: Friend: Oh wow! What are they? Susvara Owner: HifiMan Susvaras. They are amazing, although what would you expect for $6,000?* :cool: Friend: Oh really! You are so cool! Susvara Owner...
  9. GDK

Quebec audiophile shows off his new Hi-Fi system, very expensive set up

He has spotlights for his speakers :facepalm:
  10. GDK

Kef LS60 wireless review by ErinsAudioCorner

Yes, it works fine for mine.
  11. GDK

NEOHIPO ET30 VU Meter Speaker Switcher Review

Aka the “Amir Effect” :cool:
  12. GDK

Spotify to layoff 17%

I don't think that one can deny that Spotify (or any other streaming service) provides the possiblity of gaining exposure to a far larger audience than would otherwise be the case. Does this mostly benefit already-established artists? Yes Can less-established artists also benefit? Yes Does it...
  13. GDK

Spotify HiFi (finally) Coming Soon?

Platform Pay per Stream Streams for $1,000 Pandora $0.0013 769,231 Spotify $0.0033 303,030 Amazon Music $0.004 250,000 Deezer $0.0064 156,250 YouTube Music $0.008 125,000 Apple Music $0.01 100,000 Tidal $0.013 76,924 Source
  14. GDK

Gym Goers

I was in seeing my doctor a couple of weeks ago and she highly recommended his book Outlive. I bought it and will read it over the holidays.
Top Bottom