Recent content by Gavin

1. Gavin

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

Confirm already did that. D90 dose has compatibility issues with Apple macOS. My RME is right next to it. I switched it over without any problems. (Regardless of iMac or MBP, streaming Tidal or local PCM files or DSD256 files, and I tested three players: Audirvana 3.5.38\JRiver 26.0.94\HQPlayer...
  2. Gavin

I returned D90 and bought RME. Both are superb DACs but D90 especially MQA edition is not as stable and reliable as the RME. And the RME comes with a powerful EQ adjustment and a headphone amp. BTW I also have THX-789 and pair it with RME, they work great on my Audeze LCD-X and 6XX.
  3. Gavin

But is the updated firmware of Topping used to solve the system problems on my end? Although most users have no problems, I know I was not the only user who received one that has compatibility issues. In my opinion, most people here use the Windows system, I use macOS and play DSD256...
  4. Gavin

Have to say, do not waste your money and time on feeding the unreliable DACs like Topping's D90. Real encounter from a real customer:eek:
  5. Gavin

That's right, the D90 MQA I received ruined my weekend. It’s normal for a new product to be produced with some problems, but the arrogant attitude from some people who claimed to be from Topping made me resolutely returned it. They don't like customers who raise questions or issues at all, only...
  6. Gavin

Never heard or seen a DAC like D90 has so many complaints from customers (including me) chasing new chips. Although it uses a newer chip, I think it is because of poor design or poor manufacturing and lack of rigorous pre-market testing. Although the measurement of this DAC is not bad, the...
  7. Gavin

The previous sentence is correct, sounds are different due to different implementations. The latter sentence contradicts the previous sentence, well-measuring is not equivalent to well-design well-implementation and well-manufacturing. The measurement usually focuses on the limit value or even...
  8. Gavin

Agree. Many DACs are even using 4490\4493. Different designs and implementations bring different sense of hearing (In the same playback environment).
  9. Gavin

According to your literal meaning, there should be no difference in DACs on the market, as long as the same chip is used.
  10. Gavin

Totally wrong. You completely ignore the importance of design implementation and experience, even if the same chip is used.
  11. Gavin

Measuring data and musicality are two different things. In any machine where the 4499 chip is placed, the measurement data will not be bad.
  12. Gavin

So let me tell you, they are right.
  13. Gavin

So, what do you fell about using D90?
Top Bottom