Recent content by gattaca

1. G

Single 12" vs dual 10" subwoofers

^^^ Bjorn nailed it. +++ Yeap furniture / surfaces absorb and reflect. There's been debate for the past 20+ years on 1 or 2 or 3 or 4+ subs. We know we can double the output with 2 so it's size vs complexity. I view the answer as summing more smaller motors to handle the size of a job and...
  2. G

Crown XLS2502 Stereo Amplifier Review

Yeah, that Crown Macro-Tech looks like it is built like a tank. You can practically see the electron flows from huge transformers to the 10,000 uf Philips caps. WOW. TY for sharing.
  3. G

Outlaw 2200 M-Block Amplifier Review

^^^ LOL yeah there's another thread raging about that right now.. Compromise, compromise, compromise in the lessor of the evils play.
  4. G

Why are modern AV Receivers so terrible?

^^^^ Ditto. Gut says when you are trying to squeeze that last .0001%... across the board.. you are playing in the 6 figure + range for speakers, amps, etc.. or rather what I call, the "unlimited budget realm".. where if you have enough cash, those boutique guys can build you anything you want...
  5. G

Outlaw 2200 M-Block Amplifier Review

These look like super nice AMPS for the $/deal. BTW, they are Class AB/G. I read that whole thread -> Audioholics A poster in the above thread said "Great amplifier... Built by the OE factory (Taiwan) that builds the majority of the Parasound products. He also builds multiple channel...
  6. G

Please buy safe audio gear

Sorry, I meant to say (corrected above) IEC C13/C14 rated for 7-10A. Most of the IEC C19/20 I handle are 12 gauge so it's not as much of an issue. WRT the wobble... the C19/C20 is a larger connector that seems to grab more so just my estimation it may be a bit more secure. But the server...
  7. G

Why are modern AV Receivers so terrible?

Interesting discussion I've been having for years with my AV buddies. ;) What works for me is I treat the Pre-AMP like any other processor / computer (which it is mostly becoming).. and consider the pre-pro the most disposable item in the mix. Why? I have a full complement of...
  8. G

Please buy safe audio gear

+1 for locking IEC 19/20 cables or better still using the Neutrik power connectors which lock by default. Wanna retrofit some of your cables? (Not used these but have considered) -> Locking IEC FWIW, one of the first things I do with anything incoming is examine the IEC plug and cable...
  9. G

Blue Jeans Cables Jumps the Shark

^^^ Funny, you missed my overall point of the posting. Sciences advances at rapid pace on that I will agree. So if X is so easily explained, then more people would accept X as fact and everyone reading this forum would be scrambling to buy X. But... from the tone of this thread, it sure...
  10. G

Blue Jeans Cables Jumps the Shark

^^^ Interesting thread. I agree. As I've aged, I'm learned to appreciate "Made in the USA" much more and I'm willing to pay a more b/c I know my small action is supporting a USA company and jobs. Personally, I really try to buy local, then Made in the USA, then Made in Canada and finally...
  11. G

Sunfire HRSIW8 DSP Subwoofer Amplifier

^^^ I do not own that speaker... but I think you are dead on target. The thing that chaps my *@*@( is that the AMP's manual clearly stated the rated power into 4 ohms, not 2... If they'd done that, it would be more transparent (and accurate)...
  12. G

Doubtful. I sent Amir the brand new never outta the box except in my hands AMP. As for the locations, in installations where these may be typically installed, the home owners tend to care more about the speakers disappearing and blending into the walls than fully optimal sound. These are a...
  13. G

Thank you for the link. The comments are right about the price to retail value. Almost no one pays retail for these items - except in a no holds barred no budget custom built installations. :) FWIW, these AMPs sell for $250-400 on eBay.. with no sub attached. The frequency response from...
  14. G

^^^ precisely stated. FWIW. I knew these specs when I opened the rabbit hole. I had hoped the output ratings were true @ 4 ohms especially given the stated frequency response and that the DSP adjustments for the paired sub were fully bypass-able as per the manual implied. I inferred from...
  15. G

^^^ I agree 100%. The doc is crystal. It never ever states 2 ohms in ratings (see below). But my guy says that's probably the marketing game on. I've highlighted below some specs / elements directly from the manual including the CYA statement about use. :) ->...
Top Bottom