Recent content by Gatordaddy

1. G

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

The Performa line imo offers an audible improvement over the Concerta line. Their lower distortion and all around improved spins make voices sound more accurate and are just all around a little easier to live with since their flaws are very hard to pick out. The Concerta do sound very fun since...
  2. G

Moving from the M106 the F226be the improvement was roughly akin to the improvement between the M16 and M106, presumably due to the smoother set of spin and in room curves, lower distortion, and greater headroom. However it was less satisfying since the M106 were very near or at the realm of...
  3. G

The F206 are designed for a different use case and are probably more advantageous to the American market. The Neumann are obviously well designed speakers which appear more technically perfect for their design target. The advantages of the F206 tower from my perspective: -In the US at current...
  4. G

Revel M106 Bookshelf Speaker Review

At your listening distance and in your room the M106 would feel more authoritative vs a 5" driver speaker without a subwoofer. I drove a pair of M106s with a denon X4300h which was quite loud after audyssey correction at 3m. With the Wiim at 1.2m they should get very loud with headroom to...
  5. G

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

Impressive! These look to meet or exceed the performance of the M105 at a lower retail while being assembled in America and likely offering better support. Great job hitting that (presumed) design target. I don't see anything to fault here. People needing high output and low distortion in the...
  6. G

Sony MDRV6 Headphone Review (with/without BRAINWAVZ Pad)

Aren't this and the still widely available 7506 almost identical? I don't see why anyone in their right mind would pay 500 dollars for a middling 100 dollar headphone
  7. G

Used Kef Reference 3 Meta with reduced warranty

A more robust amplifier will be better able to deliver current to these hard to drive speakers. You are likely limiting their dynamics or introducing either linear or nonlinear distortions. There might always be something better in the pipeline as far as automatic room correction is concerned...
  8. G

Used Kef Reference 3 Meta with reduced warranty

The main problem to my eyes is it looks like the bass from each speaker in the current configuration is cancelling each other at the MLP resulting in a very large null at 50hz which also would explain the impression that the ports aren't doing work near the speakers. Less problematic is you have...
  9. G

McIntosh MC 427 Amplifier Review

these are quite sought after and it's nice to see measurements to back up the hype (for once)
  10. G

AKG N700nc m2 Measurements

IMO these are worth a listen. My experience with them (or possibly their previous model) was they sounded superior to both the Bose QC35s and Sony XM4s out of the box, their noise cancellation was good enough to be forgiven as a "premium" product due to the much lower price compared to those...
  11. G

理性派HiFi X5 Speaker Review

You might not realize it but this is an extremely political statement and I and probably other users would rather political discussions were kept to "off topic" areas of the forum or at least their own threads. I have my own political beliefs which I try to not share on technical review threads...
  12. G

理性派HiFi X5 Speaker Review

Mods can y’all do something to curtail the anti Chinese speculation going on in this thread? This is one of the only audio websites I spend any time on because not every thread devolves into CCP paranoia.
  13. G

Car Audio Subforum?

Right the problem is that they don't post comprehensive results for their electronics. JL, Alpine (Maybe Rockford, probably Helix, probably plenty of class D rebrands) have been producing class D amps that rival a top tier home amplifier or at least a decade but looking into the specifications...
  14. G

Car Audio Subforum?

I'd be most interested in seeing current designs measured. JL Audio, Alpine, Rockford fosgate and others seem to use Audio Precision analyzers (and klippels) to validate their gear. The problem is they don't publish their measurements.
  15. G

Revel M106 Bookshelf Speaker Review

If they had grey F206s or C208 i'd be in a tricky financial situation
Top Bottom