Recent content by garbulky

1. G

Sennheiser HD600 Review (Headphone)

I think the HD6XX is similar to the HD650. I listened to the HD6xx vs the HD600 and the differences were pretty obvious. (But it wasn't a blind test of course).
  2. G

The HifiMAN Sundara sounds terrible

I have heard a few great sounding headphones that were uneq'd... Maybe you haven't but I have.
  3. G

But it is though... :D
  4. G

What's your amp?
  5. G

Sennheiser’s headphone business has been bought by hearing aid manufacturer Sonova

Seriously?! Wow. Well the HD800S is on my upgrade list but I wasn't planning on buying it till next year. Are they going to discontinue the audiophile stuff? Should I reconsider and just buy now? What about the spare parts? I loved the fact that my HD600 had replacement parts that can still be...
  6. G

Pics of mega-expensive equipment in horrible rooms

Ummm what about @amirm 's measuring space in the garage?! :D
  7. G

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

Glad to hear! I have beat up my HD600 so much. Yet thanks to the modular nature, I have been able to replace every part that failed so it's still strong despite a rough existence! Earpads, headband pads, many wires. They even have the headband for them. Unfortunately, now the parts are starting...
  8. G

I hear ya. The Sennheisers were the watershed moment. After that, all the headphones I thought were "pretty good" just couldn't cut it anymore. I plan to end up with the HD800S Anniversary edition in gold. It costs a bit more, but my HD600 lasted me about ten years (and it's still doing well) so...
  9. G

I've listened a lot to the HD6xx. There's no doubt it's a good headphone but for me it had too much "warmth" and bass. I preferred the HD600 and the HD700. Though the HD700 required a pad modification to sound a bit more even in the treble.
  10. G

Stereo analog input for iphone device

Just an update, I did get this device and it worked (and did stereo). The adapter I used was the camera connection kit (that goes in to the USB). It's also reccomended to also hook the secondary input up to a battery for charging. The stereo 3.5mm jack went into the camera output jack of my...
  11. G

SPL Phonitor X Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Well it puts out 3000 mwatts at 300 ohms.... how many headphone amps can do that? Too bad it doesn't handle low impedance phones well. That would have helped them with planars
  12. G

Thanks! Do you plan to try it out? I would be interested in hearing yhour thoughts on it versus the HD800S. I've been wanting to get the HD800S but I have held back due to its lack of bass extension. If the HD 8XX fixes the bass extension but doesn't mess the rest of the frequencies up in...
  13. G

Please suggest a dac for Schiit Asgard 3!!

I think the asgard 3 will give you pretty much what you are looking for ;)
  14. G

Well I'm not saying that. I think I hear differences in dacs and so do you. I'm just telling you that's where their advice is coming from...
  15. G

The general consensus on this forum is that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between almost any dac on the market. It's not been my experience, but that's where this reccomendation is coming from.
Top Bottom