Recent content by gaderson

1. G

Chinese DriveHack PA2 Hopeful Improvements

I was perusing the miniDSP site recently, looking at the SHDs to use with some Genelecs for a 'little apartment system', and noticed that the latest Flex' have a balanced option — using TRS outputs in place of the RCAs. So that is now an option.
  2. G

Cybershaft Platinum Review (External Clock & PS)

Well, those with perfect pitch might be annoyed. But the you can just say it’s microtonal i have looked at clocking devices, but for live streaming with digital video cameras, digital mixer, et al. no illusions of Hi-Fi — especially once it gets sucked through YouTube’s compression.
  3. G

Audio Technica ATH-M50X Review (Closed Headphone)

I’ve been looking for inexpensive monitoring headphones for my Niece who’s getting into music making and listened to the A-Ts at Guitar Center…the ‘30x, ‘40x, & ‘50x-WH and found the 30x and 50x more similar than the 40x’s and better bass — only had a few tracks to listen to, but Adele’s...
  4. G

Black Lion Revolution 2x2 Review (Audio Interface)

Yes, it seems all the mods done tend to be the ’how it sounds’ variety. Not a mod to make it more functional, e.g, add more/better I/O or better more functional firmware. I was skeptical before, but after these data showing they even have trouble ‘starting from scratch’ I wouldn’t even bother...
  5. G

NAD PP 4 Review (Digital Phono Stage)

Well, red is a longer wavelength:p
  6. G

Black Lion Revolution 2x2 Review (Audio Interface)

But, according to an EMI engineer (who works in a Faraday cage), did state that it has much better EMI rejection and doesn't put out a lot of electrical noise — a more 'shielded' connector. (But, that Thunderbolt 3/4 and multiple flavors of USB use the same connector is classic Big Tech.) I must...
Top Bottom