Recent content by gaburko

1. G

BOXEM Audio | Arthur 4215/E2 Purifi Amplifier | Owners' Thread

btw, a 4th stupid question: is there any problem if the amp is close to the sub? :)
  2. G

I just received my Arthur and it's now hooked up to my KEF R3s via a MiniDSP SHD. This setup replaced an RME ADI-2 DAC with a Rega Elicit R. I have not even played with the MiniDSP yet, but I wanted to share 3 observations: 1. Built quality is absolutely outstanding. I knew already that this is...
  3. G

Digital Music Server

I have a raid 6 setup which by itself offers a high level of security, but also have a small script which runs every night and backs up everything to onedrive.com. after the initial upload, it uploads only changes and I've set it up to back up only my photos and music, not the movies as it's...
  4. G

Improve Raspberry 4 streamer

This is interesting. I had a rpi3 and it was feeding my RME adi dac directly from the USB. It was getting its internet connection via cable. I then upgraded to the allo digione signature hat and the sound clearly improved. When I moved to the rpi4 there was no difference between hat and no hat...
  5. G

Digital Music Server

Audiophile NAS is snake oil IMHO. I have a home server that stores movies, music and family photos but it feeds them via my home Lan network to the respective devices. The dac is separated from it and the "server" is basically a PC with a raid for file storage and backup.
  6. G

Vinyl Heads, Take Note

It is indeed good to know and this is useful info. However it takes nothing away from my enjoyment of vinyl. I enjoy the multi-sense of it, enjoy the sound, enjoy the process. Knowing there are limits to it is objective knowledge. Music enjoyment though is subjective.
  7. G

KEF R3 Speaker Review

To be honest with you, I really started to appreciate my R3 only once I paired them with an SVS SB2000 PRO with a Low Pass Filter setting at 60 Hz. Yes, you can play with placement closer to the wall, yes you can get an amp with "powerful bass" (whatever that means), but in the end, adding a sub...
  8. G

Auto-mute on DACs - please make it stop!

To be honest I am not sure I understand the problem, but have you checked your sleep mode settings? Here on page 12 they give more details how to check the current setting and adjust them.
  9. G

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

Apart from the Danes, the Italians are some of the more innovative brewers in Europe recently. How was that one? I don't know where you're located but if you can get your hands on some Italian grape ales, they are something truly special!
  10. G

KEF Reference and Blade Meta announced, but where is the R Meta?????

They would be crazy to announce R meta as it will cannibalize the Ref series. Meta R is coming, definitely, but it will take a while to make sure the market is skimmed properly
  11. G

Oh, no question. For me personally the killer feature is the auto wake-up as well
  12. G

That's an interesting thought, I was just reading a interview snippet with Alan March from March Audio who said: “I won’t be specific – but some of them don’t know what they’re doing,” he says. “They don’t have the background knowledge of electronics, signal integrity, and so on. Practically...
  13. G

Marantz Model 30

Yeah, it indeed seems like it's targeting the M10, but I am somewhat confused by this device, it somehow doesn't make sense. Marantz had gone all in with Class D (from the flagship PM-10 to the Model 30) and instead of using a decent news Class D design (wink wink purifi) they went for AB...
  14. G

Ah, this is quite important info. In that case I will stick with my plan and get the Arthur 4215. Btw, on the website you mentioned that deliveries will re-start around mid Feb? What are the current delivery times if i place an order this week? thanks!
  15. G

Thank you! I was about to pull the trigger on the current one but I guess I can wait a few weeks:)
Top Bottom