Recent content by g_t_j

1. g_t_j

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

For me, for future reference and for anyone having a similar issue, I found where the problem was. I had to select ''For compatibility only'' under Roon's DSP settings. Now, the display changes depending on the resolution of the audio file is played. Thank you all for your help and contribution.
  2. g_t_j

It has to be something within my PC's configuration indeed. I'm running Roon. What makes me unable to understand is that with USB it didn't have such problem.
  3. g_t_j

There's no change on the display too. With the USB input I could tell when resolution changed.
  4. g_t_j

Oh, I see! Even when the display reports 192 followed by that click? I can't see anything changing now when switching resolution. Thanks a lot for your valuable opinion!
  5. g_t_j

I can definitely tel the difference - the signal is clearer. However, I can't see the DX3 clock switching when I (for example) opt to play 24bit -48khz files. Why is that? With the USB input I could hear the clicking noise of the clock switching between different files.
  6. g_t_j

Makes sense! I don't have any ground loop issues but now that just out of curiosity connected the pc to the optocal output my impression was the sound was more transparent. So I guess it's still the DX3 DAC that works even on optical? Thanks for clarifying! :)
  7. g_t_j

Hi guys, Can someone please clarify, is it better to connect my PC to the DX3 through USB or optical cable? Is the DX3 still going to handle the digital to analogue conversion if it is fed with optical signal?
  8. g_t_j

Review and Measurements of iBasso DX200 DAP

I would love to see an analysis of the DX160. For what it's worth here are some measurements carried out by Hifigo: https://hifigo.com/blogs/news/ibasso-dx160-player-testing-report-beat-even-himself
  9. g_t_j

Now I'd hope for a miracle they make our first DX3 version LDAC compatible...
  10. g_t_j

Great stuff! Thank you so much. I'll look into that.
  11. g_t_j

Thank you very much for the info and for providing the firmware. However, I don't have the upgrade tool and can't even check on what firmware it currently is. I have the first non-LDAC version.
  12. g_t_j

Guys, can someone please point me to the ''upgrade tool'' to check my firmware version and possibly upgrade to the latest one? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
  13. g_t_j

Anyone using their DX3 with Roon? If so, do you care to share the audio configuration? Under DSP nothing alternative works for me for up-sampling except from the ''compatibility only'' option. Any thoughts?
  14. g_t_j

A big shame! I know they could easily do it f they wanted. I'm aware of at least 2 devices that had LDAC implemented in the process through firmware updates - the Earstudio ES100 and the Hiby R3. All modern day BT chips (5.0 and afterwards)are capable of receiving the codec. They just need to...
Top Bottom