Recent content by fuzzychaos

1. fuzzychaos

Which deceased musicians you miss the most and wish were still alive?

Layne Staley Scott Weiland Chris Cornell Prince David Bowie Jaco Pastorius Jeff Buckley Frank Zappa Tupac
  2. fuzzychaos

does anyone listen to Taylor Swift? tell me what the draw is

I can respect her as a musician and songwriter, but her music was not written for me.
  3. fuzzychaos

Stereophile's Jim Austin Says Streaming Atmos Sucks

I mean, cool. I’m glad you like your multichannel system. To each their own and YMMV. I don’t think you need to spend megabucks for good sound, so yeah, it’s a myth.
  4. fuzzychaos

The soundbar does NOT sound as good as my 2.0 system with music. Not even close. It’s good for TV and movies, that’s it. My 7.1 system, at the time I pieced it together, was around $15k including a good multichannel integrated, so it wasn’t exactly junk. And no I’m not going to spend 2x to 4x...
  5. fuzzychaos

Yeah. I used to be into the multichannel movie setup and it just became too much. Now, I just use a soundbar with subwoofer and it sounds just fine to me. With the 7.1 setup I had I used decent speakers, but not “high end” and it was still a low five figure setup (before I knew of ASR). can’t...
  6. fuzzychaos

Perhaps I should have used niche. I personally don’t think it will get beyond being niche though.
  7. fuzzychaos

It’s a fad, just like 3D tv’s.
  8. fuzzychaos

Did You Buy Based On Amir's Review?

Have I? Yes, but not exclusively based on Amir’s reviews.
  9. fuzzychaos

Jay's Audio Lab and electral outlets

Outlets can play a huge difference in sound. For example, one outlet that I had tried made the sound seem nonexistent, when I check it it was not outputting any power. I then replaced the outlet with a new one and, boom, the sound was much louder! I miss the “background” on the old outlet it was...
  10. fuzzychaos

How many audio forums do you follow?

mostly three or four including ASR. I do watch a few YouTube channels.
  11. fuzzychaos

Music You Strongly Dislike (Just For Fun)

99% of Modern country and 85% of RAP/Hip Hop
  12. fuzzychaos

What limits near field monitors to be used far field?

At reasonable volumes, yes, they can be used mid/farfield. Adding a sub will definitely increase the viability of using them farfield.
Top Bottom