Recent content by FurstMan

1. FurstMan

"Warm" amp/dac for the HE400se

I return to draw a conclusion: A friend lent me his LOXJIE D30. It wasn't powerful enough to play my music at high volume, but it was enough to drive my HE400se well at normal listening volume. This allowed me to confirm your statements and to make me understand that the DX1 was not at all...
  2. FurstMan

Thank you for all your answers. Indeed I would like to stick with my CXA60 but I did not buy it to use it for this purpose and I do not see myself buying a second CXA60 for that. Regarding the power supply, how to determine if it is powerful enough? With planar technology, I have to admit I got...
  3. FurstMan

Thank you for your answers. In view of your answers, I imagine that the term "warm" is not the most appropriate and I apologize, however I think you have understood the idea perfectly. I am French and the transcription is not always easy for me. I don't see what other term I could use, so feel...
  4. FurstMan

Following the acquisition of a HiFiMan HE400se, I am looking for a headphone amplifier/dac which will be dedicated to it. My headphones are currently running on my Cambridge CXA60 amp equipped with a Wolfson WM8740 converter, all connected to my PC via a PHIREE U2 USB/SPDIF interface (thanks to...
  5. FurstMan

HiFiMan Sundara, Beyer DT-990, AKG K550...

Hi, After a long listen on my Cambridge CXA60, this HE400se is simply amazing. Probably the best headset experience I've had. Detail, openness, accuracy, depth, impact, but never without exaggerating (I used the Oratory1990 EQ setting to perfect the whole thing). I also bought myself a Topping...
  6. FurstMan

Topping DX1 mini desktop DAC & AMP

Thanks, I may already try with the headphone output of my CXA60, despite the meager information on this one maybe it will suffice. Otherwise, I would go for the DX1.
  7. FurstMan

Topping DX1 mini desktop DAC & AMP

Hello, this Topping looks very interesting. But will it be enough to power a Hifiman HE400SE? I'm hesitant with the iFi Zen Air or Zen v.2 dacs... or the headphone output of my Cambridge CXA60. Thanks !
  8. FurstMan

Hi, Finally after a lot of research I think to opt for a HiFiMAN HE400SE, cheaper than the Sundara and more balanced than the DT-990. PS: I managed to soften the V-signature of my DT-770 which makes listening much more balanced but that does not solve the closed and narrow aspect of the sound...
  9. FurstMan

Indeed, I could look into the subject but I really want to go upmarket, discover even greater sensations. That's why I'm asking for your help.
  10. FurstMan

How to use apo equalizer easily.

Hi, I allow myself to revive the subject because on my side, APO does not work despite all the solutions proposed on the web. On the other hand, with the Peace interface, everything works. So much the better, you say... but I prefer the original APO interface which seems more "user friendly"...
  11. FurstMan

Thank you for your answer. The soldering iron repair does not seem to be possible, I damaged my K550 when I wanted to change the headband pad. Trying to remove the sticker part of it, I bent the cable that connects the two ears. The cable is a sort of flat foil, so it's not just a "standard"...
  12. FurstMan

Hi, I currently own a Beyer' DT-770 Pro 80ohm which I use on a Cambridge CX A60 connected to my PC via a USB/SPDIF PHIREE U2S interface. This headset was chosen after reading various tests, to replace a faulty AKG K550. The construction of the DT-770 is clearly superior to the K550 (the...
  13. FurstMan

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

Hi ! I already wanted to thank ASR for existing since you have allowed me on several occasions, as a visitor from the shadows, to obtain answers on a lot of questions. I'm 30 years old, I live in France and I use Google Translate (sorry...). I own modest gear and don't believe in magic $300...
Top Bottom