Recent content by Furio

1. Furio

Nikon / Canon / Panasonic's mirrorless are coming soon

Do you know about chance to get a 50 megapixel file with a static pic on Olympus EM1 mkII? Sensor moves activated by same motors used for stabilization. Only drawback: subject must be static while sensor moves. I never tried, but for landscapes it is perfect!
  2. Furio

Nikon / Canon / Panasonic's mirrorless are coming soon

I love mirrorless cameras. As soon as I put my hands on an Olympus EM1, I decided to sell my Nikon D300. I did it and bought an Olympus EM1-mkII one year ago. I remember my first "job" with my new camera: a reportage about the first gay marriage in a little town in italian countryside. It was...
  3. Furio

Differences between tweeter designs?

This is something I am really interested in. I built during last 30 years some loudspeakers for myself and friends, usually bookshelves, two ways, simple and cheap. I learnt how much a "bad" tweeter can damage a good project: I hate resonances in high frequencies close to audio range. I remember...
  4. Furio

Favorite MCH Audio Recordings?

One pop rock issue that was designed, played and recorded to be mch. Peter Gabriel - "Up" One warning: he is quite uncommon, a little extreme, you can love his music or hate it. I think he is a genius. SACD is in terms of hifi is really good and innovative. Not easy to be found to buy it...
  5. Furio

A fanless NUC?

@gvl Thanks, I know very well Volumio, nice tool. I built 4 or 5 boxes with Raspberry and HiFiBerryDAC (first version), for friends asking a cheap player to be used with traditional hifi systems. My "fanless" station will be devoted to Roon, so I need a big, powerful computer. I made rough...
  6. Furio

Brian Eno on art, audio and technology

I cannot be sure to convince you. There is always space for personal tastes, also for records that can be fundamental for some people. I already wrote I am not able to listen to any recent U2 or Coldplay CD, I have other well renowned artists that I consider awful. Millions of people think the...
  7. Furio

Brian Eno on art, audio and technology

I love a lot of Brian's music. I like a lot when he states that he is not interested to play an instrument, he wants to play sounds. He never became a "virtuoso" or an instrument slave, like many keyobard heroes of prog rock history; he was and is still interested only in finding new sounds and...
  8. Furio

A fanless NUC?

Some links? Thanks...
  9. Furio

A fanless NUC?

I live in a not big flat. Not seeing a solution in moving away the PC, then I should use a longer USB cable from PC top DAC, which is in living room. Not an easy thing... Fanless would solve the matter. No company supplying what I have in mind near Italy, I checked, I will do it myself, probably...
  10. Furio

A fanless NUC?

Thanks, Ron. It seems your one is a slower Celeron than my Kodlix. Perfect for playing audio (as you report, not a big task). Maybe not enough to manage a huge Roon database or to make on the run audio computations (room correction). Hmmm... Maybe I am going to buy an i5 NUC to try, but not...
  11. Furio

A fanless NUC?

I am curious to know your opinions. I am using a tiny, cheap celeron PC, with Windows 10, bought on Amazon Italy. It is totally fanless... KODLIX AP42 Intel Apollo Lake Pentium N4200 (2M cache) 64GB SSD MINI PC , Ram 4GB 190 EUR for a running thing with a true Win10 license...
  12. Furio

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

This thing was coming up very good from a test in an italian h-fi magazine that I love: AudioReview. It is probably too expensive for usual ranking, but it seems well built and designed. I would be curious to see Amir's work on this beast X-Sabre Pro from Matrix audio (1699 dollars...)...
  13. Furio

Movie Soundtracks We Enjoy

I love this movie and this soundtrack. Magnolia. Singer is Aimee Mann: highly suggested...
  14. Furio

Hi folks!

Some of my devices and my musical history, useful to represent me a bit. My parents gave me a huge gift when I was a kid: an AKAI system called here in Italy "Modulo 20". Those 70's vertical racks with amplifier, tape deck, turnplate and tuner, from one brand. Amplifier model was AM-2200 It was...
  15. Furio

Hi folks!

Happy to join, folks. You gave me moments of hilarious entertainment during a difficult August holiday. All this fun and some hints I found here and there deserve my attention, and the little payment. This is a nice place. Where music lovers discuss freely, and there is no guru trying to impose...
Top Bottom