Recent content by Freighter

1. F

NAD C 368 has high pitched tone at all times?

I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your post. I thought you were making fun of my experiences and were implying I should just get something expensive AB because I'm old fashioned.
  2. F

It's interesting that you and some others keep seeming to imply like I have some need for old fashioned LARGE amps, just because I didn't like the Topping. I'm not sure what you're basing that off exactly - that's not me at all. I didn't 'grow up' with that stuff either. I've never even had or...
  3. F

Topping PA7 Plus Amplifier Review

Just in case anyone was interested, I asked Topping customer support about this, and the answer is: yes.
  4. F

I agree and that’s what I thought too. I believe in a science-based approach and measurements, that’s why I’m here. But these are just the results I got to after a lot of comparisons. Of course I don’t have any ability to instantly switch amps - it takes some changing of wires every time, so...
  5. F

I also returned the Topping. It was whisper quiet and it sounded good, but non-science based feelings got in the way. I know most people on the forum probably wouldn’t agree, but I could swear it sounded differently every time I sat down to listen to music. Mostly I felt like sometimes the mids...
  6. F

Topping PA7 Plus Amplifier Review

Does this amplifier have common protection mechanisms like overcurrent / short protection, over voltage protection and overheat protection? I can’t really find any information about it.
  7. F

Power amp without decoupling capacitor, what does this mean?

Amazing explanation, than you. I measured my AVR and it has normally around 10mV but it sometimes spikes up to 30mV. If I understand correctly that's still within the 25-50mV window you mentioned, so maybe not ideal, but acceptable? The store also offered to install a decoupling capacitor in...
  8. F

Yea, I returned it and am using a Topping PA7 II instead. That one’s dead quiet at the listening position and doesn’t have any weird sounds.
  9. F

I do have particularly sensitive speakers. Klipsch /102dB - I do know those numbers are probably not quite accurate, but they should still be more sensitive than most. I would expect some amount of speaker hiss to be audible - at least I've never heard an amp that doesn't have it. Though I've...
  10. F

How does volume control work with a separate streamer?

I’m not entirely sure what you mean by that, but as far as I can tell an integrated solution controls the volume directly, at least when it comes to AirPlay. In the sense that if I AirPlay a song to my AVR and use my phone to set the volume to 50%, the volume changes to 50% on the amp itself -...
  11. F

Thanks. That’s what I thought then. I suppose I’ll keep looking for a solution with streaming built in, because this doesn’t seem like what I want.
  12. F

Yea. There is, near the power socket. Wouldn’t some noise be expected though, when you put your ear to it?
  13. F

So currently I have an AVR with Airplay built in. In this setup I can simply airplay to the AVR and then control the volume using my phone directly. My phones volume will be the same as the AVR’s volume and vice versa. So one volume control. Now for another setup I’m looking at a separate...
  14. F

So I recently got a NAD C 368, which uses a Hypex UcD amp. However I’m having a problem where I could swear that there’s a high pitched noise coming out of the speaker tweeters at all times. I find this even audible when music or movies are playing, during quiet passages. I’m trying to figure...
  15. F

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

It looks like this amp only has balanced IN. Would there be any way to connect it to my Marantz AVR, which has RCA pre-out? (Without ruining the sound quality?)
Top Bottom