Recent content by FrankF

1. FrankF

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

Great review! Performance is excellent which begs the question what does the beryllium tweeter bring to the party besides bragging rights?
  2. FrankF

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

A $28,000 pair of speakers that barely go down to 30 Hz are far from "the best" . If this is his opinion I'll stick with ASR's objectivity.
  3. FrankF

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

A good set of L/R with response down to 20hz becomes a toss up regarding Subs. You end up with crossover and integration issues that outweigh the extra below 20hz bass response. I use a Minidsp SHD with Revel Salon 2s and basic Dirac and it sounds excellent with room shaking bass.
  4. FrankF

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

What! No cable lifters. Total fail! :)
  5. FrankF

New tube Schiit

Tubes are so last year. They went out with testing phono preamps and spinning vinyl. :)
  6. FrankF

The Truth About Vinyl Records

Well sir. Turn in your ASR membership card and head over to The Steve Hoffman Forums because what you said has totally ignored the science. ;)
  7. FrankF

What is the bass extension to go for when buying new speakers ?

I tried subwoofers with my Monitor Audios but in the end went with a pair of Revel Salon 2. Just about flat to 20 hz. Graph courtesy of "Sterophile".
  8. FrankF

Denon AVR-X6800H now released.

I paid $1400 for my x4800h with Audyssey. Math's not adding up for me.
  9. FrankF

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

Wow! For anyone spending 5k on this I have a bridge to sell you. It's performance is alright but way overpriced.
  10. FrankF

Subwoofer JL Audio 113v2 vs 112v2 vs 110v2

If going with JL Audio I would look at the E112 to save money. The DARO on the Fathom is good but if you're using room correction you won't be needing it. The Fathom does not have much output above 80 hz. I've had my Fathoms for 10+ years and JL is a great company to deal with. @GXAlan is...
  11. FrankF

Denon AVR-X6800H now released.

Flavio on the AVS forums said you can get a refund if the license is used: https://www.avsforum.com/threads/dirac-live.3137722/post-63025734
  12. FrankF

Benchmark AHB2 Review (Updated Measurements)

You could get 4 of the Benchmarks for the price of the Mola Mola Makua in your signature.
  13. FrankF

Nad c399 measurements

This measurement seems off: Parameter Left channel Right channel Crosstalk, one channel driven (10kHz) -89.9dB -68.0dB
  14. FrankF

NEOHIPO ET30 VU Meter Speaker Switcher Review

Ordered! Returnable until the of January but I doubt it will be.
  15. FrankF

Denon AVR-X4800H AVR Review

Use the search function to get a plethora of information on both pieces.:rolleyes:
Top Bottom