Recent content by frankb

1. F

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

I emailed Jan-14 asking for a refund. I explained my intention of upgrading to a Topping A90. This despite that I purchased the L30 in August. The A90 arrived yesterday. I'm very happy with how they handled the situation.
  2. F

Wolf's Measurements of Gustard A18 DAC

No. I suppose setting the volume to 0db achieves the same effect. The menu is simple: some filter options, phase invert, display toggle, and display brightness. And there's no switch for RCA and XLR out, both are active.
  3. F

Plastic. It's almost flush with the surface, and not wobbly. It doesn't feel cheap. It's implemented well. Of course, the remote does everything the jog shuttle does. I just noticed the volume on the remote moves in 1 db increments, while the jog shuttle is finer grained requiring two clicks per db.
  4. F

I just received the GUSTARD DAC-A18. First impressions are positive. It's heavier than I anticipated (2 kg). It's warm to the touch after playing for 1 or 2 hrs. The jog shuttle is nice, with pleasant muted clicks. The display shows volume db as a whole integer, and the jog shuttle changes in...
Top Bottom