Recent content by forlau

1. F

FX Audio DAC-M1 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

There is a nice review with the title Probably the Best DAC at 200 USD.
  2. F

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

yawn, and here we go again with personal defamations
  3. F

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

A DAC is not only a chip, but also a lot of analog technology. Measured values can only show errors, but not measure the sound. But that's another story, which is rarely understood here in the forum and only leads to heated discussions.
  4. F

is it good idea to use usb dongle dac with desktop amp?

you will have less power with the headphone adapter, as the line level is ~2V RMS, and the headphone is less. If you have a preamp you should be able to compensdate this difference. I'm suprised how good my Benewy adaptor works with my stereo system.
  5. F

trying to find dongle DAC with micro usb for tablet

buy a cheap usb c dongle with an adapter to micro usb.
  6. F

USB-C dongle for hifi

I did not compare the power in detail, but there was while listening no obvious difference in ouput power. Soundwise i prefer the Benewy, because of more deep bass.
  7. F

AIYIMA DAC-A6 Review (Stereo DAC)

to me it looks like a copy of the FX-Audio-D01 without headphone amp. Would be interesting to see the internals.
  8. F

USB-C dongle for hifi

I also have this Benewy adapter and I'm really surprised by its sound quality. I also connected it to my raspberry streamer and to my surprise, it if no one tells you, you would not find out that this little adapter is playing. This could be a final solution for a streamer. The other adapter i...
  9. F

I just can find power levels and distortion. I was hoping for something like you did for the Topping EX5 "Detail, bass performance, absence of distortion -- there were all there. If the sound sucks, it is your content."
  10. F

Thanks a lot for the review! I was already about to buy this device without knowing, if it would pass the ASR check. One thing, which is also important to me: how did it sound?
  11. F

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

FX-AUDIO DAC-M1 (DAC ES9038Q2M XMOS 32bit 768kHz DS512 Bluetooth 5.0)
  12. F

Allo Boss2 Review (Stereo Streamer)

As far is i can see from the picture, the raspi4 has no heatsink installed. Is it possible to attach a heatsink or isn't there enough space left between the two boards to install at least a thin heatsink?
  13. F

From the answers I read, that there is no fan inside. From my experience, the Raspi needs some cooling, either with a fan or a big heatsink. I was wondering, if Allo uses the housing for passive cooling or if they completely ignore the heat on the CPU?
  14. F

How is the cooling of the installed raspi4 realized? Is there any cooling at all?
  15. F

Raspberry pi streamer

I'm running a "pi zero w" with moode and "bubble upnp" on android. The pi zero even does the upsampling to 192 kHz. On top is the hifiberry dac. No cooling needed, power consumption is low.
Top Bottom