Recent content by foodchain

1. F

Streamer question

Guys, thanks so much for the no-bs advice I have gotten in the first two weeks of being a member. My system sounds a million times better than it used to, thanks to your coaching as to how to connect what to what. No comparison. And exactly zero background hum now. Question: I would like to...
  2. F

Please buy safe audio gear

Important advice. You guys are way over my head as far as audio stuff (although some of the advice given to me on this forum has been pure gold), but as a civil engineer I want to reiterate how critical this is. My advice would be, no matter how good it sounds, do not use equipment that is not...
  3. F

First halfway serious hifi; couple of questions on setting it up ...

Thanks very much for your reply. Turns out you're right!!! I didn't see them before, but on further examination there are these tiny level knobs on the back of the power amp and when I cranked them up the DAC can drive the system plenty, plenty loud! I can't say the system sounds much...
  4. F

Okay great thanks very much ... I'll hook the sub up to the power amp then instead of the preamp output jacks. Question: is it normal for the small tubes to flash pretty brightly when the system is turned on? This is great, I knew this would be the right place to ask! PS: it does have a lot...
  5. F

Got my first halfway serious (used) hifi system used last week. It's pretty old; nothing like you guys would pay attention to but pretty decent and it does sound good. The system consists of a/d/s L310 speakers, an SVS SB1000 sealed subwoofer, a Dared SL-2000A linestage/preamp, and a NAD 906...
  6. F

Amazon launches lossless high-res music service!

Guys, I feel like the guy from Oklahoma in _Hair_ who gets off the bus in New York City: I have been lurking here for a while, and you guys are clearly operating way waaayyy above my pay grade. Question though: how doth one hear all these high-res files from Amazon HD? Is there a streamer...
  7. F

Review and Measurements of PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC

I'm a recent lurker on your forum and I decided to join. Super cool place. I recently tried to put together a bit better stereo system and I wanted a little guidance steering clear of the snake oil and conspicuous consumption of all these audiophiles. A stealthy no-name system that performs...
Top Bottom