Recent content by Fluffy

1. Fluffy

Focal Clear Review (headphone)

You just don't get what I'm saying. I have absolutely no problem with the data. The data is correct and there is no point disagreeing with it. I'm not fanboying or shopping for agreement… Jesus, where are you getting this from?? What I'm saying is there is not one "correct" response curve that...
  2. Fluffy

You missed my point by a mile
  3. Fluffy

This kind of talking is the exact reason why I stopped reading reviews and forums, including this one. No matter how subjective or objective a reviewer might be, they always have some perception of what sound and music should be and how things should sound – and anyone who disagrees with their...
  4. Fluffy

Yeah, same here. The thing is, certain people (such as the ones that answered me here) that EQ to closely match the Herman curve and says it made an improvement, are because of this convinced that the Herman curve is the absolute ideal. Every time I try to say that the Herman curve is not for...
  5. Fluffy

I have so far disagreed with your subjective conclusions on most reviews of headphones I tried myself. Headphones that you recommended I hate and the Clear that you don't recommend I love very much. I also use very different EQ for my Clear than the one you use (though it’s a lot subtler than...
  6. Fluffy

That is also a myth. As I said before, it's like saying that most Americans have 2.3 kids. This curve is an approximate average of all sorts of assumptions and calculations. It represents some imagined middle point between every possible HRTF, but should not be expected to accurately represent...
  7. Fluffy

Well, it's still a very subjective preference. A recommendation based on compliance with the Herman target response is only relevant to those who find that curve to sound good. Not all people do. I find it frustrating that the myth of this target curve being the ultimate ideal sound for every...
  8. Fluffy

How would you know if you like the Headphone Harman Curve? There is not a single headphone that perfectly comply with it. And personally I never heard a headphone that's supposed to be compliant with it (either naturally or with EQ) that sounded good to me. Amir's subjective parts in the review...
  9. Fluffy

I haven't visited this site in a long while, pretty much since the HP measurements begun. This review caught my eye though, because I own the Clear for a couple of years now. As I suspected, these technical reviews don't reflect how headphones would sound "in the wild". The target curve in...
  10. Fluffy

A millennial's rant on classical music

It's worth noting that everyone in that video had specifically said that they are against banning composers, and they are just arguing for recognizing historical injustices.
  11. Fluffy

Why aren't cinemas targeting sub 20hz response?

Personally I think the pursuit of ever-lower hz in subwoofers is silly. If the music/movie isn't good without sub 30 hz content, more BASS won't fix anything.
  12. Fluffy

but it doesn’t just "stop" at 20 hz, it's not a vertical filter that cuts off everything below that. if you put 15 hz through that speaker, you'll still get something.
  13. Fluffy

20 hz is not a magical barrier where we suddenly stop hearing sounds. There is a gradual shift from hearing with the ears to feeling with the rest of the body, and it starts at a higher frequency, and extends lower than 20 hz. It doesn't really matter if a speaker is exactly -3 db at 20 hz –...
  14. Fluffy

A millennial's rant on classical music

I found another fun thing to watch for you guys:
Top Bottom