Recent content by flowjm

1. F

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

There was no need to apologise, the other guy was just being a drama queen. It doesn't do anyone any good to enable such behaviour.
  2. F

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

The Emperor has no clothes.
  3. F

Meyer Sound Amie Monitor Review

New members signing up to sing the praises of these speakers, making useless subjective claims about objectively superior speakers lacking 'inner detail'. I haven't witnessed such an emotional outpouring of support for a product ever before on ASR. Very curious indeed.
  4. F

Meyer Sound Amie Monitor Review

Some people seem weirdly emotionally invested in forgiving the pretty obvious flaws of this speaker. Also funny that the company itself seems to be aware of them, but because they say they're 'intentional' then somehow they should just be accepted. Whatever Amir's subjective listening test tells...
  5. F

S.M.S.L PO100 AK - Measurements / Round 2 (DAC)

No need for fancy words or any subjective opinions, for that matter. What is the data that shows the 'full bodied' sound, and 'much more detail'?
  6. F

Example Speaker Measurements: Klipsch RP-600M/Neumann KH 150 (video)

Subscribed. Btw, kh 120 is written in the banner and description of the video, rather than 150.
  7. F

Let's hope so. I'd buy one of the models in a heartbeat without MQA (and licensing fees) and fixed FR.
  8. F

Thanks @VintageFlanker, the results look good, apart from the FR of course. If they offered this without MQA and the associated downsides of extra cost+screwed up FR, it would be such a useful product. As it stands, I think I'll pass.
  9. F

S.M.S.L PO100, PO100 PRO & PO100 AK - Measurements (Digital Interfaces & DAC)

Thanks for your response @SMSL-Mandy. How common are the faults in these units, and if I were to buy one, how could I test that it's working correctly? Also, are there any plans to allow the filter to be changed by the user? I have no interest in MQA, and would rather use a filter that has a...
  10. F

@SMSL-Mandy @SMSL_Liu any comments on the discrepancy between left and right channels, and the high frequency attenuation of the AK model? Are they going to be fixed at some point? I'd really like to buy one to use with my phone and laptop, but not while there are still such glaring deficiencies...
  11. F

It's a shame that the DAC portion of AK variant isn't better, otherwise it would be a great all in one audio output for a laptop.
  12. F

Those crackles might also be digital clipping/distortion if the output from your PC is too high.
Top Bottom