Recent content by florence

1. florence

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

So what's the final launch date for single end version with a volume control? Still to be announced?
  2. florence

Making a Case/Enclosure for the Khadas Tone Board

Seems that KTB aluminum case back in stock at audiophonics.fr so I placed my order. I thought that why would I mess with PLA materials since there is solid aluminum at the same price approximately.
  3. florence

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

Thanks for response. What other amps have you tried and failed comparing to Atom?
  4. florence

Has Atom sufficient power to drive HD800 efficiently? I don't mean measurements of the amp, I mean while driving the cans maintaining the dynamics, detail and imaging?
  5. florence

Review and Measurements of Sabaj D5 DAC & Amp

I buy equipments (amp or dac) to use with my headphones only. I don't think that this hump will be a major failure. As I mentioned earlier, I was ready to buy Sabaj D5 but my idsd micro bl amp section has way way more power than D5's. The only thing I want to get rid of was old Burr Brown chip...
  6. florence

Review and Measurements of Sabaj D5 DAC & Amp

I was talking to them last week and they told me to wait for the end of August for 20% discounted price. However, I placed an order for Khadas Tone Board since it's 1/3 price of D5's discount price. And the funny thing is people who tried both say that D5's sound signature boring while Khadas...
  7. florence

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

Thanks a lot. And yes, same thing quite possible on R2R DACs. Results on paper doesn't sound same in practice apparently.
  8. florence

Is there anyone who has idsd micro bl and Atom both to drive HD800 at the same time? I actually placed an order for Atom but then cancelled it for now. Since there is no issue to drive the headphones with idsd micro bl in turbo mode. However, if someone explains any major advantage to have Atom...
  9. florence

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

So you say that you have idsd micro bl, Atom and D50s now and Atom+D50s combination sounds better than idsd? You say that you feel like the difference is "pretty real", alright but how? What differences in sound did you notice that better?
  10. florence

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

Alright. Thanks for correcting me, I'll keep that in my mind next time.
  11. florence

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

When they arrive just plug in decent headphones if you have some and listen to some good recording songs, please. I know measurements are important. However, how great a unit sounds vital "at least" for me. Thanks.
  12. florence

Sabaj D5 vs RME Adi Dac 2

What does this message mean? "Awaiting approval before being displayed publicly." @amirm Also, my messages doesn't show up in my profile or in this category. Is this kind of protection of a potential troll or something? How could we help each other if the messages get hidden?
  13. florence

Well, I got in touch with @SMSL-Mandy to buy Sabaj D5 but no response yet. Maybe I should wait for a bit more to get Adi Dac 2 even though it's 2x price of Sabaj. I don't know. But I know a thing, there is no competition between these two companies as a after sale support power. When you google...
  14. florence

Thank you for all your responses. I've read all posts but still there is no answer why people in here tell me that rme sounds a lot better than idsd micro black if a well engineered dac is roughly identical to other. According to your words, "being a lot better than other (as dac only)" idea is...
Top Bottom