Recent content by fljoe

1. F

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

Very interesting device .. nice combo .. measurements look similar to the S.M.S.L M500 I own, but love the form factor .. smaller and will sit nicely on my desk. Assuming the XLR headphone out in front is NOT balanced.
  2. F

Hidizs S9 Review (Headphone Adapter)

I am using a DDHiFi TC05 cable (https://www.amazon.com/Connect-Decoders-Players-Smartphones-Computer/dp/B08QMK6ZLK) on my IPad Pro .. works for me with the Hidizs S9 Pro.
  3. F

Aeon 2 closed

Any good portable headphone amps to drive these while on-the-go?
  4. F

SMSL M500 DAC and HP Amp Review

Just checking .. I have a bunch of IEMs with 4.4mm pin .. can I just use a 6.35mm male to 4.4mm female adapter to connect my 4.4mm pin IEMs. I know its not going to be balanced, but just wanted to make sure that I don't mess up the M500 or my IEMs by doing this. Thanks!
  5. F

Khadas Tone Board Case

You can order a 3D printable case .. it cost me $14 including shipping. https://www.treatstock.com/3d-printable-models/2412322-khadas-tone-board-case
  6. F

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

I too love the Ghent cables .. however the RCA connectors seem loose, so I had to crimp them a little bit to connect to the posts of the Khadas tone Board and the JDS Atom amp securely.
  7. F

Designing a 3D Printable Case for the Khadas Tone Board

I used PLA and it was printed at Walter's World in Jacksonville, FL
  8. F

My Frost 3D printed case is here ... so pleased with this case ... perfect design and everything fits nicely. Total cost including shipping was $14.26
  9. F

While waiting for my Frost 3-D printed case to arrive, I temporarily enclosed it in the VIM case that was delivered with my KTB .. fits okay after taking off the back plate.
  10. F

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

It's luck of the draw my friend .. some units are flawless while some are flawed. If you are seriously worried, just cancel the order and wait a few months until things settle down.
  11. F

Making a Case/Enclosure for the Khadas Tone Board

This is great ..my exact setup when my KTB arrives.. looking into getting someone to make a similar case for me .. the french audiophhonics case won't be back in stock until March 15th. Thanks for posting this .. a little inspiration to make something on my own :-)
  12. F

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

Even if the Topping engineers isolate the problem .. what is our recourse here ... free replacement of broken DX3Pro with a fixed DX3Pro?
  13. F

WTB : Massdrop Grace SDAC

If anyone has one lying around and not using it, I will take it off your hands for you. Been waiting for this to drop for a while now. Please let me know if you have one for sale.
  14. F

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

Anyone here using a DAP with their Atom? I am thinking of using my Onkyo DP-X1 with the Atom .. Onkyo headphone out to Atom 3.5mm input. The Onkyo by itself has a hard time driving the Senn HD6XX. Does this sound feasible? Thanks!
  15. F

Suggestions for closed back headphones?

I have the Meze 99 Classics and it is a damn good closed back headphone right in your budget ($309 retail).
Top Bottom