Recent content by Fleuch

1. F

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

When a review is evidence-based, carried out in good faith, and the evidence can be repeatedly reproduced or replicated, is it the responsibity of the complainant or the defendant to demonstrate the accuracy of the data? Should the litigant be required to produce evidence of tests carried out...
  2. F

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

Obviously more than one dealer in the UK still lists at full price. Not sure if it is good practice to identify dealers by giving the link here, but the one I referred to in Birmingham must have stock since the web page states "Available" and allowed a pair to be placed "in the basket" -...
  3. F

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

Certain UK retailers still list the speakers at full price, £3,999 a pair. Caveat emptor!
  4. F

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

From https://tektondesign.com/product/specials/mini-lore-pair/ at 15:40BST on 6th April 2024. Note: the Mini Lore was recently pulled from my lineup due to a slanderous and deeply flawed review by Amir at Audio Science Review the “place where we pretend to know a lot more about audio that we...
  5. F

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Something to do with the browser flavour - Chrome fails to display the Fosi home page and other pages correctly (at least on this laptop!); Firefox + its derivatives seem to show all pages correctly but still missing the early bird discount link !! However, using Firefox on an Android tablet...
  6. F

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

Lucky dude! Looks like the early bird discount form has disappeared from the link given by Fosi. Does this mean the current production run is (1) already oversubscribed based on early bird responses; (2) there will be no Kickstarter options; (3) going by the ZA3 pre-order history there will be...
  7. F

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

One feature missing from these speakers, and many others regardless of cost, is the provision for bi-amping/bi-wiring the speakers. As with op-amp rolling this may be a niche requirement. Obviously the omission of two terminals, two straps and a modicum of internal wiring add up to a small...
  8. F

Fosi v3 Mono | TPA3255 PFFB | Balanced | [First Look from Fosi FB]

It is reasonable to suggest that a V3 mono with PFFB should not cost appreciably more than the current stereo V3. The Texas Instruments Application Report on Post Filter Feedback (for the TPA324x and TPA325x series) shows a total of nine components (five resistors and four capacitors)...
  9. F

Fosi v3 Mono | TPA3255 PFFB | Balanced | [First Look from Fosi FB]

There are also Topping products "missing in action"; it is confidence in Topping as a company that has become a problem, as well as product reliability. Quoting from the ASR review by Amirm (https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/tp-ra3-rackmount-amplifier-review.46085/) of...
  10. F

Standards for Audio Electronics Measurements?

The influence ASR is having (present tense so important) on the industry is demonstrated by the increasing number of performance graphs and charts that accompany advertising of a product new to the market, but sadly only rarely from established and more traditional "names". The extreme case is...
  11. F

SONCOZ SGP1 Stereo Amplifier Review

Comparison of the Soncoz SGP1 and the Benchmark AHB2, the Benchmark is preferable simply because there is no apparent facility to bypass (or switch off) those flickering VU meters on the Soncoz. Granted the Benchmark has no meters to switch on, but it can be set up in bridged mode. Back in the...
  12. F

Anthem AVM90 AV Processor Review

Pricing in the UK seems rather strange. A quick search shows prices from £6,000.00 => £6,749.00 => £6,895.00 => £7,350.00 => £7,650.00=> £7,685.00, etc. Is there a range of specifications to justify such a wide difference in prices?
  13. F

Fosi Audio's First Dual-Mode Balanced Amplifier ZA3

Quite agree; but which way should I travel => invest in the ZA3 now or wait for the PFFB improved version? Perhaps the "Sub Out" issue is the decision-making tipping point!! By the way, my other wish is offset spacing for the speaker terminals, as found on the Aiyima 07MAX; otherwise "Fosi is...
  14. F

If an amplifier supporting PFFB is available "as early as next quarter" , does this make the ZA3 a "dead duck" in the marketing sense? My intention is (or was) to sign up for the ZA3, maybe two for using as monoblocks. With the possibility of an improved version coming so soon, I probably will...
  15. F

The "pre-out" on the V3 can be used as an input to another amplifier (V3) in a bi-amping configuration, as it is simply a feedthrough of the input. Similarly the "Aux" output on the Aiyima 07MAX is also, I believe, a feedthrough of the input signal and can be used in the same way. Moving on to...
Top Bottom