Recent content by flaviowolff

1. F

Cheap Desktop All-around Speakers - Edifier R1380BT vs R1700BT vs MR4

Not sure what backs up your opinion. Presonus Eris monitors usually measure pretty bad. I had the Eris E5 and now I have the Edifier MR4 which is much better than the Eris.
  2. F

Fosi Audio K5 Pro Mini Stereo Gaming DAC Test

What made me want the K5 Pro was the mic input. Sadly there aren't much budget dac/amps with one.
  3. F

Well, there was a notable dip on both the bass and the treble. That points to problems with the tone knobs or with something else. Not a negligible issue in my book. Even if you have bass and treble controls, it's good to know that when they are zeroed you have a somewhat flat output. Or maybe...
  4. F

I'm interested on this unit, but it measured horribly here. Almost looks like the tone controls were acting reducing bass and treble, but the guy had set it flat. Not a good sign.
  5. F

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

Edifier MR4 and Apple Dongle
  6. F

Do Fancy Audio Cables Make a Difference? (video)

Nice! Do you know why this effect is more audible on instruments cables?
  7. F

Do Fancy Audio Cables Make a Difference? (video)

This video compares the sound difference from three different guitar cables. The guitar went directly to the board. It's in portuguese, but the guy explains that instrument cables have verying resistance values, which can darken or brighten the sound a lot. Starts at 6:47 I suppose this is...
  8. F

My first and special Hi Fi system

I would absolutely include a MiniDSP flex or ddrc-24 to give you great EQ flexibility and room correction if needed.
  9. F

Are you a headphone or speaker user?

I am 30 years old and grew up listening to music via headphones since my early teens. Thus I am very accostumed to it, including the extreme horizontal spacialization. I'm also used to the extreme detail retrieval that headphones make much easier. As bad a headphone may be, it doesnt have to...
  10. F

Do you have Tinnitis? (Ringing sound in your ears)

I wonder which would be less risky for your hearing in general: closed-back headphones/in ear monitors or open-back headphones. Open-backs tend to be driven with higher volumes because of the lack of isolation. OTOH, they dont create any pressure on your eardrums.
  11. F

So, after a few days, I'm positive that I'm suffering from mild tinnitus (probably monotone, around 10khz). I'm not sure how long I had it, as I only became aware of it after reading this thread. IDK if my tinnitus is jaw-related, loud noise-related, or both. I do suffer from mild TMJ disorder...
  12. F

The Lasik surgery of Hearing

This, along with tattoo removal creams
  13. F

I just started hearing the high pitch frequency for the first time after reading this thread. I really hope it's just my mind playing tricks.
  14. F

HD600 vs HD650

seems like, analogically, hd600 = er4sr and hd650 = er4xr
  15. F

Apple AirPods Max Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

The terrible thing about Apple choosing a dull frequency response for this is that it has the potential to induce studios into mixing the treble of radiophonic songs according to this. IDK if it's true, but according to rumors lots of 2000s era songs were mixed to sound good on iPod's stock earbuds.
Top Bottom