Recent content by Flash

1. F

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

So for those interested the the binding post fix, I performed mine last night, and *maybe* was able to tell a very slight difference in noise reduction at high volumes. Honestly, these amps are very quiet in the stock form. I already had to put my ear mere inches from the tweeter to hear even...
  2. F

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

12v. On when the receiver is powered on rather than waiting for signal.
  3. F

Does adding high SINAD amp to AVR make sense?

I tested by pausing the music and then turning the volume up to the loudest I would likely ever listen and still enjoy the sound and the hiss was so faint that you would have to be less than 10cm from the tweeter. So I am going to assume I am in great shape.
  4. F

makes sense. Can Hiss be initiated by simply turning up the volume with no source playing, or do i have to have a source playing in silence to experience it? I couldn't hear even a hint of hiss with the amps on and turned up to the normal volume I listen to with my ear <5cm from the tweeter...
  5. F

Only the relay in the amp itself. Don't think i notice anything through the speakers.
  6. F

Interesting. I didn't think that the electronics would degrade an already degraded speaker THD. What math did you use to arrive at the above -59.96 dB?
  7. F

Didn’t realize the speaker has a SINAD. In my case, I have a new X8500HA (likely non AKM DAC’s) with the internal amps turned off and feeding the external power amps. All things considered, I am starting with a pretty good source as I understand it. The speakers are NHT C4’s. The...
  8. F

Am I wrong to wonder what the benefit of adding a high-SINAD external amp to an AVR is? I mean, yes, having more power to handle dynamic loads is the main reason. But am I well into diminishing returns when the external AMP SINAD ratings eclipse that of the AVR's pre-outs? ie. In the...
  9. F

@Buckeye Amps What gauge wire is currently used in the binding post repair? Can we assume from approach #3 that the current female quick connect's are non-magnetic? (ie. the only problematic part is the tab itself) Which approach do you plan to take moving forward?
  10. F

Adding external amp to preout of internally amplified channels?

These are acoustic suspension (sealed) speakers. No port
  11. F

To be honest, not much is missing. But when all owners talk about audible differences with external amplification, I am more wondering how much better they could sound. Some folks point to the drop in impedance at kick drum frequencies being harder to drive with the denon (when played loud)...
  12. F

Any suggestions on better speakers with a similar neutrality to C3s?
  13. F

ahh, gotcha. Sorry I missed that originally. Thank you very much for the additional insight.
  14. F

Thank you for this feedback, and #3 is really the most important question to answer...but I wonder about your references: 1) I think in Amir's review, the pre-outs were at ~95db, which I think are not terrible. So there is hope 2) X4700h can turn off the internal amps, which is what you have...
  15. F

I have a Denon X6500H and looking to improve performance of my front sound stage (NHT C3's + CLCR). Owners point to more power to really help them sing. My uneducated research started with external amps that I can connect to the pre-outs on my X6500H, but all the talk of benefits of turning...
Top Bottom