Recent content by Flaesh

1. Flaesh

Which speakers are the Classical Music Pros using?

Ex demo available for 52,000 euros/pair: Note the crossover frequency. The manufacturer's specifications indicate 400 hertz, which is a bit strange. Regardless of the driver used. Rumor has it that Sony drivers are used. Perhaps Strauss received a bunch of Sony drivers as part of his salary...
  2. Flaesh

Good Robert Heinlein quote for this site

"Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules — and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress." — Ransom K. Fern
  3. Flaesh

Good Robert Heinlein quote for this site

- red curve is better than green. Another numberless scientific experiment: One young man in the early 1970s experimented with taking medicine tablets (to obtain a drug effect) and lay on the couch in a deranged state. His mother approached him and asked: “How many pills did you take?” The...
  4. Flaesh

1st REW Measurements KEF LS50 Wireless II with KC62 sub

I think so. But it may be better)) BTW IMO\IME adding some conventional room treatment will be usefull for MF\HF. Some 4" absorbers in its simplest form. Don't forget to listen. Not all and not always [approximately] the same frequency response is heard the same way))
  5. Flaesh

1st REW Measurements KEF LS50 Wireless II with KC62 sub

:) In special cases (DBA [CABS] or SSS) it calms very effectively. In general, no (or a little). That's why I asked. I support the suggestion in #2 as the simplest solution.
  6. Flaesh

Omnidirectional speakers

You may use ring radiator like Someone has already used it In Visaton Fontana small cone is simply glued to tweeter's phase plug:
  7. Flaesh

How Many Inches?

15" bassless woofer+2way 1.4" tweeter. And four 18" subs. For example, 3" VC: or 4" VC:
  8. Flaesh

Two subwoofers with a single, fixed listening position

What kind of room do you have? Will you use only one sub out?..
  9. Flaesh

Definition of an omni please

Nope. Rear tweeters in dipole loudspeakers are inverted.
  10. Flaesh

Acoustics panels for small office room?

I'd rather know what's going on in the room first. And then I would buy and glue [something] on. Considering room, gyproc walls and the location of the listener and speakers, things may not be too bad. Without mic - does the room sound muddy, boomy, dull, hollow, honky, ringing, bright?..))
  11. Flaesh

Acoustics panels for small office room?

It depends)). In very reverberant rooms almost any minor treatment produces positive results that are audible to most people. Or less effect in other cases. Is ~$4 mic like and let's say one hour to install REW and whistle an acceptable cost for you?))
  12. Flaesh

Cross at 60 vs Cross at 100

Not exactly flawless, but about right. Sqrt(60*100)=77,46 Hz:cool: Yeah. These measurements are questionable.
  13. Flaesh

Please help! what should I do as an acoustic treatment for this back auditorium wall?

The acoustic requirements for such rooms are different than for domestic. But some ASR members have experience working in large spaces. Have you taken acoustic measurements? I like, including aesthetically, what this guy built. For inspiration www.aes.org/tmpFiles/elib/20240203/20850.pdf
  14. Flaesh

Should we correct to Schroder, or full range?

There is only one uncorrected measurement
Top Bottom