Recent content by fjhuerta

1. F

7hz Salnotes Zero - the "other" Zero

Yes, the Truthears are better, especially in the treble, but for the price, I can't think of anything better than the Salnotes other than the Hidizs Galaxy MS-1.
  2. F

Audio stutters with USB Dacs on Macbook M1 Pro

It's getting worse by the day. Infortunately, I cannot upgrade because it my job's computer. Sometimes I just wish I had a PC that worked.
  3. F

I work on a Chrome based environment. At any given point in time I may have +30 tabs open. This may impact audio. My Mac is an M2. 14" Macbook Pro with an 512 SSD and 16 GB RAM. My DAC is a Topping D10s. But I have this issue with pretty much any DAC. I'll try to test audio with Chrome...
  4. F

I can't believe I have a freaking Mac M2 pro that can't play audio without stutters. An Intel M3 disposable PC works just fine.
  5. F

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

The Truthears replaced my AKG N5005. I tried to fool myself into thinking the 5005s were "technically" superior, etc. But their timbre is too artifical when compared directly to the Truthears. They are that good.
  6. F

7hz Salnotes Zero - the "other" Zero

No in-ear should cost $20 and sound THIS good. It sounds far bettter, to me, than my AKG N5005s. This may be my favorite in ear ever, actually, regardless of price.
  7. F

Yet another Revel F206 thread

I finished setting up my 206s with an M&K MX-125ii sub, crossed over at 50 Hz using a MiniDSP. To say these are the best speakers I've ever owned would be just about right. My latest ones were Focal 926s. They aren't even close to the Revels. And with the sub, which I got for $200, I don't...
  8. F

How to properly integrate a subwoofer with my tower speakers?

It's horrible (the place where I put my speakers, I actually love my home, thanks!). And it's the only place where I can put them. My house is sort of weird. It has no parallel walls, and very few straight ones. Every glass pane on that picture is at a different angle! The speakers are in the...
  9. F

I may have forgotten to mention how weird my home is....
  10. F

Sub's right behind the furniture housing my gear. In a corner, equidistant to both speakers - basically a triangle. Not an optimal position but there was no other way to set up the speakers at home.
  11. F

I did the MiniDSP placement and some EQ. Other than a 10dB notch at 50 Hz, the sub works flat down to 20 Hz and below. It worked beautifullly, and so far, I haven't been able to detect any placement issues. That said, I did fiddle with delays, EQ, and different slopes until I managed to do a...
  12. F

Well, I did what I thought. I got rid of the preamp and used the MiniDSP as a volume control and signal selector. I used the filters on the MiniDSP and forgot about every setting on the sub. After a couple of hours of measuring, I now have a fuller sounding speaker system. I can't imagine...
  13. F

I'll be using REW and MiniDSP to integrate it all. There's only a single space where the sub can be placed... equidistant to both speakers, right in the center, behind them, in a corner. It would not make much sense to do it in nay other place. If I use the MiniDSP I'm actually thinking of...
  14. F

So, long story short. I did get the Revel F206s. I used a pair of DIY speakers with 10" woofers, and I DO miss the lower registers. A good friend sold me a mint M&K MX-125ii sub. I cannot afford anything else due to having bought the Revels. But from what I've read, these were extremely nice...
Top Bottom