Recent content by FireLion

1. FireLion

Bought an IEC711 coupler, what should I know?

Bought a 711 clone, they include Arta software. I want to measure iems and headphones. More specifically to measure differences when I mod something or assemble a prototype. Question: What should I learn to get the best from it. I will probably make a follow up purchase for the silicone ear...
  2. FireLion

ASR Headphone Testing and BK 5128 Hats Measurement System

I should have looked it up on the B&K ear canal difference for HRTF. Still a interesting topic and seems to be gaining a little momentum. Sean Olive has making a number of appearances on YouTube of late.
  3. FireLion

ASR Headphone Testing and BK 5128 Hats Measurement System

When will China create a full clone on Aliexpress? Also I read somewhere that this $50k unit would monopolize measurements. Thoughts? Not sure just putting it out there. Also how does something with less detail than a clothes shop window mannequin represent a real human?(I dumb). If you are...
  4. FireLion

Black D30 pro swap for silver

I have a silver A30 and need a matching D30 pro, stupid I know but you might want a black one. I can link my head-fi and ebay feedback if needed. Item is flawless, plastic still on front.
  5. FireLion

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

Anyone have the same predicament? but opposite :)
  6. FireLion

ifi Zen DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Did you ever get to use this with an adapter? Makes it perform better, audible noise removed at low volume. Noticeable with something like a moondrop variations. I might have used one that came with the Zen Can, its worth getting any reasonable compatible 5v adapter. Maybe ifi wanted people to...
  7. FireLion

Moondrop Variations Alternatives

Try tips with large bore like these two links below. I had the same issue, I have the misodiko and ordered the amazon set. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BJTYFST9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 or these...
  8. FireLion

Master Complaint Thread About Headphone Measurements

My brain hurts looking at your tests. ;)
  9. FireLion

How do people feel about intentionally colored Amps targeted to specific headphones (iFi Zen CAN6xx)?

Have the standard zen can. If your headphones or IEMs have strong mid bass the switch can be a bit much. Sort of depends on the track too. If you have a sub bass centric set like the Thieaudio Monarch, then the added mid bass can be amazing, especially on epic sound tracks or EDM. There is one...
  10. FireLion

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

Man, this OP is a shitpost if I have ever seen one. LOL!
  11. FireLion

Master Complaint Thread About Headphone Measurements

I don't have time for software EQ, I get a headphone or IEM and keep it if it sounds good, sell it if it's not. Always better for me when it can output the sound you want without tinkering. All this arguing over headphone measurements! You guys all listen to music........right? ;) Weird GB...
  12. FireLion

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

Why did the topping D30 sound like poo?
  13. FireLion

All Aboard the FiiO K9 Pro Hype Train

2000mw @ 32 ohm as they tried 6w and couldn't manage the heat. I'll take a zen stack over it.
  14. FireLion

ifi Zen CAN Review (Headphone Amp)

Who knows, just use it as long as you need to.
  15. FireLion

ifi Zen CAN Review (Headphone Amp)

I wasn't crazy about it at first, but when I had it in hand, it's actually pretty cool.
Top Bottom