Recent content by Final

1. F

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

I would recommend you adress the issue with a Topping dealer in your country. Your first name may suggest you are from Norway. In that case www.hifisentralen.no is the dealer.
  2. F

Extron XPA 1002 Plus Amplifier Review

Very Nice amp and review. A look at their website also indicates dedication to quality. However not that straight forward to connect to preamp an speakers in a HIFI home system. What kind of connectors is this? How do you connect to a preamp with RCA or XLR Out? What kind of termination on...
  3. F

Well, if it still creates noise in a completely other setup I would've sendt it in for repair. I would check at a friends house to be sure. I am not unfamiliar with strange grounding issues using the D90. In my setup I use xlr all the way, except for a digital riaa (Puffin) that from the TT...
  4. F

Maybe you should try to connect the D90 directly to a power amplifier (not an integrated) and see if it is there. To me this sounds like som sort of grounding issue. And yes, TTs are often to blame, and ground issues works in mysterious ways. Tried XLR?
  5. F

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

The Pre90 is said to have peak performance between 4 and 8 volts of output. I wonder what this translates to in volume. I use XLR out only and can go up to +16 on the volume knob.My DAC outputs approx 4 volts. On normal listening I usually see -20 in the display. How much voltage output might...
  6. F

Vera Audio P400/1000 Review (Amplifier)

I have been audiophile for many years. If I,ve learned one thing it is that components that fail comes with a High Price, potentially damaging other equipment, and ruining listening experience long before it finally gives up. To me Vera is a steal. If in the market for Hypex, I would look no...
  7. F

Vera Audio P400/1000 Review (Amplifier)

An absolute Wire with Gain Amplifier this. In the Norwegian HIFI community the Vera manufacturers are well known for their technical competence and no nonsense aproach. Nice to see this effort documented at ASR.
  8. F

I agree. In my system ground loops in my laptop severely impaired the sound. No problem with my new Lenovo, but my old Asus gave noise issues almost as loud as the music itself. Tried a lot of noise cancellers but bothing worked. Enter the Intona ,(2.0) that is, and problem solved. On the Lenovo...
  9. F

Try another source on the same input to verify it`s DAC related. If so, and you use a PC check that your program is using D90 for sound.
  10. F

Intona USB 3.0 Isolator Review

Sounds like USB noise. I had the same issue. When running PC on battery it disappeared. Lack of proper galvanic isolation in the DAC combined with a faulty power supplt was the case. Intona made the issue go away 100%. No need for battery opation. Tried other cheaper isolaters from Ifi first and...
  11. F

Intona USB 3.0 Isolator Review

Intona is not cheap, but it works. I had ground loop issues and bought an IFI USB 3.0 which should brak the ground loop. Didn`t work. Embraced the suck and bought the Intona.
  12. F

Relax, I am unarmed:cool:
  13. F

I have experimented a bit with different filters on other DAC’s than Topping though. The difference between minimum phase and linear phase filters seems clearly audible. Much more difficult to distinguish one linear filter from another linear phase filter or one minimum phase filter from...
  14. F

Well, all DACs with filters, sound ever so slightly different. I haven’t experimented myself, but from what I read some prefer one Topping D90 filter and some prefer another. If the filters sound 100% identical, only one filter would be needed! I guess logically speaking one filter could...
  15. F

It sure was. I hope you find a good solution for your desktop.
Top Bottom