Recent content by filo97s

1. filo97s

cable change?

sound quality-wise obviously no. You're lucky enough that the HE-400SE doesn't have the same trash cable as superior headphones build quality-wise, so it doesn't make sense to change neither for this reason (the sleeved cable of the HE-400i/560/ananda and so on is way too stiff, and microphonic)...
  2. filo97s

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

seems we live very close, isn't that Ventimiglia?... Sestri Levante, Liguria (Italy), photo is mine on a trail on the hills nearby. The opposite side of Liguria, but near nonetheless.
  3. filo97s

Meizu Mblu Lifeme Pro Portable DAC/Amp Review

for the price this is simply an amazing performance. 23$ remember. Nothing in the list performs better without having to pay over 70$ (except for the meizu hifi pro, which however seems to be discontinued)
  4. filo97s

Audioquest Pearl USB Cable Review

As predictable. But I think that for 41$, build quality maybe is worth that extra, that's why I voted for Not terrible.
  5. filo97s

Luxman SQ-N150 Review (Tube Amplifier)

Don't know if it has been already pointed out but the graph for 32 ohm headphones is wrong, that's the 4 ohm speakers distortion.
  6. filo97s

Tripp Lite IS250 Review (Isolation Transformer)

For me, actually this is not a good advertising for the Topping either. I'm expecting that a device that has the ambition to be amongst the best amplifiers in the world has also a good EM shielding.
  7. filo97s

Audio-gd Master 7 Singularity Review (DAC)

It sounds good because by our ears, it's difficult to detect a distortion even if the distortion is at 0.2%. I think that everything under 1% is hard to detect, using a musical programme. But this is still a broken project, no doubt, and if our ears can't detect it, well, this tells us a lot on...
  8. filo97s

JDS Labs Element III Review (DAC & Amp)

Hope that amir can clear the mystery! Don't know which chip is using for D/A conversion, but maybe is something related to the ESS thd hump compensation.
  9. filo97s

JDS Labs Element III Review (DAC & Amp)

What is the "2nd harmonic compensation" that is visible on the display and how it affects measurements?
  10. filo97s

Starke Sound AD4.320 Amp Review (Sample 2)

I don't expect anything more from a company that declares fanciful specs like "watt RMS", "watt PMPO" or other shit like this.
  11. filo97s

Hifi Forum TDA-1541A DAC Review

It's called suggestion or psychoacoustics.
  12. filo97s

Yes, I think so. Human hearing is not a spectrometer. I don't think that anyone can distinguish something that goes -90dB SINAD from something -120 even if the difference is obvious for the instrumentation.
  13. filo97s

well, for an R2R chip that is 35 years old, designed to decode a CD stream at most (handled even well since it almost clears the bar for 44/16), mounted on a PCB probably designed in someone's house basement with no industrial support of any type, beating even today's multibit from schiit like...
  14. filo97s

Gustard X18 Review (Stereo DAC)

Now it would be nice to see if they release an "H18 headphone amp" to pair with this dac with this such superb performance. Still, I think price for money X16+H16 are a better combo, you can buy both for almost the price of the single X18.
  15. filo97s

Hifiman HE-560 V4 Review (Planar Magnetic Headphone)

Would be nice to see if they differ from older versions like the 560 V3 in THD (the one in teak with 2.5mm connectors, which I have) Still, if you like the sound signature, I would say that the extremely low distortion is perceived here, it's a very very crisp headphone. One thing that I...
Top Bottom