Recent content by fidgetymo

1. F

SMSL M500 - Owners' Thread

I get the same output. 44.1 mqa green on the album version 192 blue mqa on the studio albums compilation version I'm not sure where to confirm that it's supposed to be 88.2 however.
  2. F

Hi there, Is there a song or 2 that you can recommend for testing?
  3. F

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I had to reset my bios settings due to an unrelated issue which actually appears to have fixed the issue. So I suspect it had something to do with some power-mode configurations that were causing the issue.
  4. F

Using Windows 10 - does anyone else's M500 go into mute when their monitor goes to sleep? The M500 is connected via USB but not through the monitor's USB hub. I can't seem to figure out why this happens or how to fix it. This affects multiple audio applications as its a global windows mute that...
  5. F

thanks for the hint. will do.
  6. F

Brilliant! The final stumble at the goal now surpassed. Very satisfying :) Thank you for the spot-on suggestion. In my attempts to figure it out, I had used the J-Flash program to convert the .hex to .bin and it had thrown up an error that indicated the Chinese characters in the path were a...
  7. F

Well, the replacement ST-LINK USB came and while I got further than before, ultimately I still wasn't able to flash the memory. With the new ST-LINK USB, I was able to successfully upgrade the firmware on the ST-LINK and then connect to the target (M500) where I wasn't able to before. I can...
  8. F

Thank you very much for your responses. I am at work right now and am not able to update photos or re-verify firmware, however: scherbakov_al: I am pretty sure that is the firmware that I have. I did use the firmware upgrade tool within STM32CubeProgrammer to update to the latest firmware a...
  9. F

So I tried to do it tonight and wasn't successful. STM32CubeProgrammer wouldn't connect to the target. I pressed "connect" many times and It would just remain as "not connected" and I couldn't open a file (the second step). I followed the connection guide as provided by jdoe. I tried...
  10. F

Thank you very much for the steps. So it looks like essentially 3 clicks then without needing to configure anything specific within the program. I will give it a try!
  11. F

Hello schebakov_al, Could you please write a guide on the steps you took to configure STM32CubeProgrammer and the ST-link to flash the memory? Thank you very much in advance.
  12. F

hi jdoe, if i use the st-link USB programmer tool you mentioned and correctly connect the wires, does that mean i can simply follow the instruction PDF in the firmware update .zip you provided and use the JLINK software to update the firmware? also, do you know if it matters which 3.3v PWR and...
  13. F

Hey jdoe, Do you know if I need to upgrade based on the firmware I already have? SW1.7 HW1.3 2020-5-30 I noticed that when you upgraded your firmware to the "fixed" version, it's the same as the one I already have. Thanks!
  14. F

strange SMSL M500 high 3rd harmonic

Thank you for the reply and info. I have seen that the M400 firmware is applicable to the M500. However, I cannot find M500 firmware anywhere to download. So do you think Mandy is referring to the M400 firmware?
  15. F

strange SMSL M500 high 3rd harmonic

Has anyone else had this type of response from Mandy? I have an M500: SW1.7 HW1.3 2020-5-30 Via e-mail, I asked Mandy how to go about fixing the harmonic issue. She responded saying: "Hello, this is the new version that can be upgraded." followed by "download the firmware on our official...
Top Bottom