Recent content by Fenix84

1. F

Extreme Snake Oil

Lol, Breitling sells a couple hundred thousand watches a year, I really doubt most own a plane. Their demographic is no different than any other luxury watch brand. This is on a similar line that people who own dive watches are actually divers.
  2. F

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

That's odd, mine came with a different remote. It has a curved bottom so its easy to pick up.
  3. F

Dac/HP Amp Combo that mutes Headphones

The Topping EX5 does what you are describing.
  4. F

Thanks, got it working. For those that might have the same problem, just disable "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".
  5. F

Thanks, I played around with this for awhile already but was never able to get the unit to enter standby, will continue to try, could be something with my computer.
  6. F

Oh so you have the auto off/on set to "A-C"? Wasn't entirely sure what that meant. How long does it normally take the EX5 to go into standby?
  7. F

I agree with this but the only unit I tested was my own. I admit before buying the unit I was worried about the reported heating issues but so far after a months of ownership I can tell you there are no heating issues, unit just runs slightly warm when operating. How many of you guys out there...
  8. F

Computer/desktop speakers

Yes, an external DAC is the way to go, you will have a noticeable upgrade in sound quality assuming you are coming from an onboard audio interface. The external DAC will have a USB connection that connects to your computer and will bypass the sound card on your computer. Also if you plan to...
  9. F

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

Interested in those stands, do you mind taking a photo? Curious on how they look on it
  10. F

All Aboard the FiiO K9 Pro Hype Train

You can buy them from Aliexpress but you have to have a special code or you are paying this absurd amount. I read somewhere else the price is $700 USD
  11. F

Yes, you can turn off the display until you press a button. Yes, there are 3 display levels, if you wish for the display to be on all the time. To change outputs on remote (button for headphones, button for line out (switches between RCA, XLR, RCA+XLR)). To change outputs on the unit, double...
  12. F

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

From reading around the forum many people recommend the JBL LSR310S because of the XLR In/Outs and crossover. Some other subs with similar features are.: ADAM Audio T10S PreSonus Temblor T10 KRK 10s I haven't heard any of these subs and they are all priced around the $400 usd.
  13. F

Thanks for the review, before going with the EX5 i was leaning towards the X50 stack and always wondered what I could be missing out on. Ultimately the balanced pre-out was more important to me than the balanced headphone output.
  14. F

For $1500, buy 2 Genelec 8030C's, or 2 Genelec 8010A's + subwoofer?

I picked up the 8030C recently and I am quite happy with the bass, was expecting worse. Saying that I'm also happy with the bass on the HD6XXs and I know many people complain about that.
Top Bottom