Recent content by felbj-htd.

1. F

new gustard u18 jitter -185 db

I wondered whether anyone used the Gustard C16 10M Audio Clock and whether it had any audible difference in your system. I am specifically interested to learn if it makes a difference if used with GUSTARD U18 DDC, which I will use for SPDIF to AES conversion.
  2. F

Practical use of Dutch and Dutch 8c

I also was seriously thinking of getting the 8351s in white. But then have found the new D&D 8cs on sale and could not resist the temptation. Because I thought their cardioid sound dispersion design and DSP were considered to be very good. Have you gotten the 8351s?
  3. F

Dutch & Dutch 8C - Firmware V2.2 (Spotify Connect)

Thank you, garbz! You gave a very comprehensive explanation - I appreciate it. If memory serves me well, in his Stereophile Magazine review, John Atkinson tested them with his DirectStream DAC and some preamp. Have you happened to read it? Do you know their own DAC parameters for PCM or possible...
  4. F

Thank you, garbz—this is something to think about before unpacking and breaking their NIB status. So there is no way to use their amplification of analog signal analog form without implementing ADC? This looks like a restrictive design decision. Let me ask you a question about their network...
  5. F

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

Thank you very much, hardisj, for this very comprehensive work! I hope everything gets better in your personal life every day! Do you know anything about these powered speakers' audio input impedance? I am thinking of directly from a DAC vs. using a preamplifier for my D&D 8C setup. Cheers and...
  6. F

Practical use of Dutch and Dutch 8c

Interesting, Purité Audio. Do you have any updates on the preamp?
  7. F

Great news, Massimo! I have a pair of brand-new D&D 8C sitting unpacked in my apartment, so I am very excited to get them upgraded and going! Sadly, I am still waiting for a second original D&D stand! Imagine that! FedEx delivered one stand just fine, but its driver has already been circling...
  8. F

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

To me, the answer is built-in DSP. Better, audible "tubes," R&R flavors, and so on.
  9. F

Dac help

It's a sad truth: more expensive things are often better quality than the chip ones.
  10. F

Denafrips Ares II - is it really worth it?

Their claim is the evidence. They hear the difference, and this is enough for them.
  11. F

Dac help

When you listen to these in your home, you'd "see it" even better.
  12. F

I think you know what I mean: we listen to music we are pleased with at home or on the go, using some equipment, don't we? I personally can't do it without it. ;-)
  13. F

SOLD!!!: Denafrips Ares II - $695 (Or trade for Topping D90LE/SE)

I'd jumped right into it and have bought it from you if only it were silver. But this exchange seems odd to me as Denafrips Ares is considered by very many to be a DAC to beat with a price up to 2K.
  14. F

Many people love "tube sound," even though tubes very often measure poorly. If I need to, I will choose equipment that sounds great to my ears, not the one that measures well but excites me less.
Top Bottom