Recent content by fastfreddy666

1. fastfreddy666

Greenwave 2500i AC Filter Review

Dirty Electricity doesn't cause autism? Darn It. I was looking for a simple answer to a complicated question. I'm on the spectrum myself. I consider my autism to be a gift that keeps on giving... Uncertainty is a natural and unavoidable part of life. The only constant is change. Focus on the...
  2. fastfreddy666

SCH-REMOTE Digital VU/Spectrum Meter Review

It's really cool. But with some software on a pc and a monitor... you have endless possibilities. Why do I need a standalone solution? I still want one for some reason. I must resist. Help me.
  3. fastfreddy666

Greenwave EMI Meter Review

Ghost hunters use a similar device: An EMF meter. It comes in handy when your house is plagued by ghosts. It detects unexplained fluctuations in electromagnetic fields. Well, not exactly. Electromagnetic Fields are composed of two different but related fields.. An electric field (E-field) and...
  4. fastfreddy666

1More Sonoflow NC Headphone Review

After reading the review I was like. So with a few clicks I went to Amazon and got it for € 80 with the coupon. I don't use the app equalizer because I'm an equalizer snob and want a full parametric equalizer with adjustable Q. Technically speaking this is the ratio of the center frequency to...
  5. fastfreddy666

Is FR the only important measurement? Real life testing.

The same thing is happening in the electronic (dance) music scene. People still prefer the sound of the original Analog Roland 303 (acid house and other dance music) but there are emulations which come pretty close (my first experience was with RB-338 software by proprellerheads in the late 90s...
  6. fastfreddy666

ASR Forum Member Tag/Title Descriptions

I recommend you start by reading these books: Bob Metzler wrote this must read book in 1993. The first paragraph sets the stage: "Most audio equipment testing is done on a stimulus-response basis. A signal of known characteristics is fed to the input of the device under test (DUT) and the...
  7. fastfreddy666

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

The Curves They Are A-Changin' (sorry, Bob Dylan song popped into my head) 2019v2 Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes I'm 53. Not really relevant for me. by the time we hit middle-age (45-65) we can expect to hear up to around 14 khz. Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
  8. fastfreddy666

Electronics for Audiophiles: Voltage and Current (Video)

There is an exception but I have to admit it's not audio related. Fast cell phone / laptop chargers (modern ones) work differently than traditional PSUs to make thinks confusing there are two quick load standards. Quick Charge (Qualcomm) and USB power delivery (open standard). newer versions of...
  9. fastfreddy666

Solupeak RC-11 Review (Passive Volume Control)

nominal levels. The decibel volt reference voltage is 1 VRMS = 0 dBV. The decibel unloaded reference voltage, 0 dBu, is the AC voltage required to produce 1 mW of power across a 600 Ω impedance (approximately 0.7746 VRMS. The DBu level is awkard because it's an holdover from the early...
  10. fastfreddy666

CHORD Mojo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Mojo 2 FTW. Kudos to Chord I'm afraid i'm not the target audience. As a man with limited resources the price/performance ratio is not great. I'm happy with my Tempotec HD pro. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/tempotec-sonata-hd-pro-review-headphone-adapter.22625/...
  11. fastfreddy666

Arturia Minifuse 2 Review (Audio Interface)

You obviously are a subjectivist. In the HD 650 Review of Amirm. You see this graph. It means that audio interfaces or amplifiers with high output impedance will <beep> with your frequency response i quote Amirm: "The high impedance means that it likes to have "high" drive voltage (at least...
  12. fastfreddy666

Only 25 mW in 300 ohm. Let's say you have a HD650. The specs: Sennheiser states the sensitivity is 103db/1mv which is wrong. Its's 103db/1v which is not the same. This is probably a marketing decision. 103 Db is a highter number so let's got with that. Marketing destroys everything. Thr...
  13. fastfreddy666

All USB-C cables must be able to carry a minimum of 3 A current (at 20 V, 60 W) but can also carry high-power 5 A current (at 20 V, 100 W) With a modern PC this shouldn't be a problem. My PC has several native USB-C ports. USB2 ports should be able to provide 1.5 A. this is plenty for most...
  14. fastfreddy666

I have a ID14 and a Motu M2. The Motu M2 has a level LCD which not only looks cool but comes in handy to check your recording levels without looking at your DAW screen all the time. The thing is powered by USB-C and this gives enough power to use a Phantom power condenser microphone without the...
  15. fastfreddy666

Audio-GD NFB-11.38 Performance Edition Measurements (DAC, Preamp & Headamp)

The problem is that discrete components like capacitors, transistors, resistors etc etc are more susceptible to failure than IC's. I had an earlier version and as you can see there are a lot of discrete components. It stopped functioning just after a year. It sounded fine to me but how it...
Top Bottom