Recent content by falsedichotomy

1. F

Suggestions for a new USB DAC and a question about the 5k..

Ah, interesting tidbit. One more arrangement I can share is: Infinity R152 ->Aiyma A07 ->FiiO D3 DAC -> Optical cable -> Sony 900h television. Also no volume boost here, but I guess maybe the D3 also fails to meet for aforementioned standard..
  2. F

I just borrowed my dad's Sony NW-A55 DAP to use as a USB DAC, and there's definitely no discernable volume difference between this and the laptop's DAC, so now I'm a bit confused. Is there maybe some feature the 5k has that we're overlooking that would account for the boost?
  3. F

Okay, sure, so my laptop's DAC is just lower output voltage. Thanks again!
  4. F

Thanks for that. I'm an total neophyte, here: Can you tell me why a DAC increases the power versus just using an amp?
  5. F

Bump Hoping I can get a quick answer on this one. Really want to get a replacement DAC but don't want to lose the boost and am also really curious how a device as tiny as the 5k can provide this much increase in volume. Asked the same question on Reddit and it was totally misinterpreted despite...
  6. F

Current nearfield desktop setup: Infinity R152 Aiyma A07 Qudelix 5K Laptop Using the 5K as a USB DAC or for bluetooth streaming gives some serious juice to the speakers. Why is this? I've had the 5K for a handful of months now, and it hasn't been the greatest experience. Sounds great, but...
  7. F

Qudelix-5K as a multi-solution device vs. discrete components?

Okay, from the outset: I'm not an audiophile; just a music nerd who enjoys good sound. I have a laptop running via HDMI to my Sony 900h television. Sony SSCS5, Aiyima A07, Fiio Taishan DAC, the latter of which I use w/ optical to the TV. For music, I mostly play FLAC files from the laptop...
Top Bottom