Recent content by Fahzz

1. Fahzz

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

Thanks for all this. I did try all the variations of resets etc. to no avail. I need to work on the problem a bit more. Right now with all speakers connected to the avr with no outboard amp, it seems to be working OK, but I want to give it some time to see if the issue resurfaces. As you say...
  2. Fahzz

Peng, I'll try that when I have time. Thanks. As a temporary solution, I took the outboard amp out of the system, and I'm running all speakers from the AVR speaker outs. Sound quality not as good, but at least it works. One odd thing though is that while this problem was occurring, when the...
  3. Fahzz

Fronts are labelled "pre" in amp assign using both presets.
  4. Fahzz

Yes. Pre out assigned for both front speakers set to small. This unit has been working fine for a couple of years. This problem started a couple of weeks ago.
  5. Fahzz

Having weird issue with my 3700. When I switch between functions/presets I lose the front channels. I should note that I'm using the pre-outs into an outboard amplifier. I have only two sources, one is a Roku through HDMI, and the other is music through an SMSL DAC via RCA's. What's making me...
  6. Fahzz

KEF R3 Meta - Review & Measurements by Erin

Keep in mind that the R3's are bigger than the LS50's. FYI
  7. Fahzz

AUDIOPHONICS MPA-S250NC Amp Review

I missed this the other day - that's a sensible step to rule some things out. Thanks.
  8. Fahzz

Fingers crossed it's going ok right now. I'm going to leave it on an not touch anything until after the NCAA basketball championships which end tomorrow night. LOL
  9. Fahzz

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Libel/slander used to be pretty much dead torts in the US. The rise of social media, and some recent prominent case seem to have changed all that. A casual remark on twitter (or whatever it's called) reaches millions of people in an instant and real permanent damage can be done to someone's...
  10. Fahzz

Yesterday when the sound stopped I connected the pre outs to another amp and still no sound. But somehow It went on again Here's the odd thing: The sound went out again last night, this morning it's fine???? So it's a transient problem. Why would the pre outs just stop working? Time for repair shop?
  11. Fahzz

Help me choose an AVR?

So Denon 3700 out of stock - 3800 has a lot of stuff I don't need (four subwoofers???). Anybody have a Denon 2800? Any good 5/7 channel AV preamps that cost less than a gazillion dollars?
  12. Fahzz

I think I've narrowed this down to a preout problem on my avr. Any ideas how to troubleshoot this?
  13. Fahzz

Suggestion: All reviewers should come up with an all purpose disclaimer i.e this is just an opinion, based on my testing, draw your on conclusions , blah blah blah. put it at the beginning of every review.
  14. Fahzz

1. This area of the law is a specialty=expensive to defend 2. All reviewers are vulnerable to these threats 3. The speaker company has more resources to support court action if they believe it is warranted 4. Perhaps Erin can ask exactly what the alleged inaccuracy in his testing is, and retest...
  15. Fahzz

I don't run it loud or hot. In fact the case isn't even warm after playing for hours. Is there some kind of reset button or procedure on these things?
Top Bottom