Recent content by faenil

1. F

General purpose headphone for gaming/music/calls, under 200$

I have tried the CoolerMaster MH751 and the MMX300 so far... to be fair, I am not sure I am enjoying the weight of those headphones on my head. The CoolerMaster (only tried a refurbished unit to check out its microphone) is much lighter but it still bother me after an hour or so...I was not...
  2. F

Do any of the mentioned models require an amp? I might have missed something if they do :) I do have a colleague who has the QC35 II too, but the sound coming from the mic is just okay. With a separate mic we would be over budget. The main con is that the review showed the frequency response...
  3. F

Yeah, I think it should come with the SBH24 adapter, which is about 20£ at the moment, not that bad :) (the alternative at that price point is the Chu, I guess) Today I tried the MMX300, but just for a couple of meetings, so no music listening yet...they were quite warm on my ears, I am not...
  4. F

I did see the review, and it's interesting how well it performed. However I struggle to fit it in the budget, considering it still needs an external mic. Has anyone tried both QC 35II and any of the currently recommended models? (HD560S, MMX300, X2HR) It also only seems to perform well with...
  5. F

yeah, but delivery up to mid Jan... if you look at the seller, they're still shipped by ShenzenAudio
  6. F

Yeah I did some research after that post and went through that not long ago :) (also searched for Hexa on this forum). I lack the experience required to judge whether being close to this or that target curve equals better or worse phones for my use case, unfortunately (I understand curves like...
  7. F

Thanks :) Thanks for all the insight! Really useful post. I have some recommendations for desk setup, but I am looking for a more mobile setup as I often move from my desk to other rooms/places, so audio interface and studio mics are not an option, unfortunately. Thanks for going through the...
  8. F

Right, ok, thanks :) I guess I could try both. HD560S are 50% more expensive than X2HR, at the moment. (about 170£ vs 110£) I picked the wrong image, I meant 3.5mm -> 2.5mm. A couple of people on Reddit have connected the boompro to HD560S using those (a quick google search shows).
  9. F

Another great option. I was hoping to decrease the amount of options, but they are actually increasing :) (thanks for chiming in!) Any reason to pick them over X2HR or HD560S+mic ?
  10. F

Would you mind elaborating on the recommendation? The x2hr seems to beat HD560S on most rtings tests (not sure how much I should rely on those, though :)) If HD560S is worth it, I suppose I could an adapter to plug the mic in and bend it up a bit? Oh, nice pair of IEMs, what a bargain. I...
  11. F

Hi everyone, I have been reading this forum for a while :) Thanks everyone for the insightful discussions! I am currently looking for advice on a pair of headphones to use daily during work for calls and for music (no specific genre) and occasional gaming. Ideally no amp, but will consider...
Top Bottom