Recent content by Fackernarmee

1. Fackernarmee

15 worst cars ever designed?

We used to have a joke in Australia: Q. Why does a Lada Niva have a heated rear windscreen? A. To keep your hands warm when you're pushing it.
  2. Fackernarmee

15 worst cars ever designed?

Frank, I'm going to mildly disagree with you on the P76. It was no beauty bit I think it had the potential to get better. It was just that British Leyland was on its way out in Australia. Like most of their cars at the time quality was pretty poor but the P76 didn't drive too badly. The car was...
  3. Fackernarmee

Worst Album In your Collection That You Paid For, IYHO.

Paid full price for this without listening to it. Big mistake. I like Mike Oldfield's music generally, but not this one.
  4. Fackernarmee

Please help! Schiit Modi 2 not being recognized anymore by Windows?

This reminds me of a time years ago in another life when I worked as a car salesman in a Ford dealership and Ford were just starting to put computers into their cars. Our mechanics had to go to a school on this. The Ford technician at the school told them that computers work on smoke and if you...
  5. Fackernarmee

Choosing a DAC for my Smart TV

Hi Chris, whatever you settle on, why don't you look at a Logitech Harmony Remote e.g. https://www.logitech.com/en-au/product/harmony-remote-650?crid=60 and consolidate all your remotes in one? Wotta
  6. Fackernarmee

Budget Music Server From Old PC

It was a good deal. I reckon Hypnotoad could have gone to $185 if he'd really had to.
  7. Fackernarmee

G'day, jsrtheta. What do you think is the more obvious problem?
  8. Fackernarmee

Budget Music Server From Old PC

Rather than Ubuntu, have you considered running a dedicated Linux distribution like OpenElec? It's a stripped-down version whose sole purpose is to run Kodi. It's designed to run well on older PCs. Kodi (if you're not familiar with it) will play just about any audio and video format that you...
  9. Fackernarmee

I'm only new here too and I'm not an audio expert. I don't know your device but my expertise is in fixing Windows. It could be that windows has the wrong driver installed for the Schiit and will not change to the correct one. Windows keeps a record of every device plugged into a USB port and the...
  10. Fackernarmee

A bit about your host....

So far, so good. (little smiley face thing)
  11. Fackernarmee

A bit about your host....

Greetings Amir (and everyone else). Just stumbled across this site while I was researching cheap audio DACs and and got sidetracked (as I tend to do). It looked like a friendly place and covers some of my interests and hobbies (audio, video, computers and technology) so I registered. My...
Top Bottom