Recent content by fabiospark

1. F

Home noisy cabling setup: can I improve it without changing the cables?

No, between interface and NUC just USB to digitally process in a DAW on the NUC the analog audio recorded through the mics connected to the interface. Editing and mixing is done in the NUC remotely controlled from the desk PC with remote desktop, with the audio coming out of the interface.
  2. F

Please read my post after yours to understand my previous last post... So are you talking of a galvanic USB to USB isolator? Do you know of any high speed one? My interface has 8 channels and I'm afraid a full speed couldn't be enough. I looked around for these isolators yesterday but in the...
  3. F

I was listening to @tonycollinet who said this: "And rather than messing about lifting the ground - just get yourself an isolated signal between Nuc and Interface." and I misread the last sentence that in my mind became: "get yourself an isolated signal between Rotel and Interface". So I...
  4. F

OK, but what about the other unchangeable RCA unbalanced I will still have to use: Rotel to Head amp, PC DESK to Head amp, PC DESK to Rotel, Rotel pre to Rotel ampli... and so on?
  5. F

Yes I know and I will think to make something different to be able to lift the ground only when it is needed. But this is also what the Rotel does by design as it ha a two prong power connector an cord. Having a metal body I wonder if it is compliant with Italian or European grounding rules...
  6. F

Thank you for the wishes. I've got three days of temperature to 38,5°C, nose sometimes running and other times locked, cough and a nasty sore throat but I'm getting back to normal every day. This morning I feel REALLY better because... lifting the ground on the AC side of the NUC power supply...
  7. F

Tomorrow I will steal from my daughter a box with a power socket and a "ground/lift" switch I made for her problems between her Yamaha THR10 guitar amp and her laptop a while ago and then I will put it on the power of all the devices, one at a time. That would easily let me break the orange loop...
  8. F

Not at the moment and during this testing, just interface to Mackie - Mackie to Rotel and Rotel to HP ampli. A moment ago I tried to lift the ground in the USB cable from NUC to interface placing a bit of isolating tape on the first stripe to the left in the USB A plug, but nothing changed.
  9. F

I moved the ethernet cable from the NUC to the laptop and connected the USB from laptop to interface and there's no noise around.
  10. F

No. No. Only the interface audio outs are connected to the HP amp. No audio goes out of the NUC or the notebook. Again, no audio connections from NUC or notebook. Not sure what you mean here with "get music from the interface over USB". I need analog audio from the outputs of the Focusrite...
  11. F

I disconnected the NUC and connect a notebook to the interface, with the same USB cable that was connecting the NUC, and with this configuration there is no RF noise around the room. The NUC it is still on and connected to the LAN through an ethernet cable but no USB connection to the interface...
  12. F

As soon as I finish testing cables and configurations I will surely follow your advice. And I will try to change USB port on the NUC too.
  13. F

I read this after I posted my last post (#50) and I can confirm that even a 1m RCA meters away from the NUC picks up the RF noise, even if maybe at a lower level.
  14. F

I don't use any audio output on the NUC. It is only connected with the Focusrite via USB. As stated above, here can only be Interface to Rotel and Rotel to HP amp Anyway, I did even better, I think. I resumed an analog Mackie mixer to use it as a balanced to unbalanced converter. I put it...
  15. F

In the meantime I came across some interesting - and hopefully helpful, reading. https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-NUCs/Hi-frequency-radiation-from-NUC-why/td-p/1263559
Top Bottom