Recent content by eyesofra

1. E

Revel F208 at half-price or something else ?

thanks for the response guys. I suppose hearing them is going to be the first call to action. As Jim said I need to figure out what improvement it's going to give me otherwise it's a waste of effort (and money). Much appreciate all your feedback.
  2. E

Revel F208 at half-price or something else ?

Hey guys, I've been reading through various threads on Revel with keen interest. I have an oppurtunity to purchase a demo pair of F208s at essentially -48% off retail ( appx 5k AUD). The store is a bit of a drive away so I'm not able to audition them. My current fronts are the brilliant KEF...
  3. E

PS Audio PowerPlant 12 Review (AC Regenerator)

for years I've been fascinated by the idea of AC regen/power plants and always wanted one (when I had the spare). That thought can now lay to rest ! Thanks Amir !
  4. E

NAD C 298 Power Amplifier With Purifi Eigentakt Amplification

Hi guys, I've been reading through this thread and now have an oppurtunity to get a C298 used around 9 months old. I'm aware the early amps had some teething issues. Can you advise if thesehave been addressed and what to look-out for when one is buying a used one pls ?
  5. E

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

The sure way of knowing at what point it clips is with an O-scope. I do have a SMD-DD1 distortion detector which normally works best with higher output signal - starting at 1.2v. I'll check with it anyway and will post if I get any meaningful measurements.
  6. E

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

my minidsp shd has just arrived ! yet to run Dirac but it's been working like a charm off LAN :) In Amir's measurements, the best SINAD of112.x db was reached at 4v @ Vol -6.5 balanced XLR out. It started clipping there after. Question pls - with unbalanced RCA out, will the behaviour be...
  7. E

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

Hi guys, A new member from capital down under ;) For many years, I've only dreamed of having my own equipment and actually measuring and verifying all these claims in the wild world of Hi-Fi ! I can only say that this forum feels like I'm in paradise ! Just can't say thank you enough to @amirm...
Top Bottom