Recent content by eXodus

1. E

Recommendations on an AMP/DAC for Neumann NDH 20

Budget is max ~$550 CAD, requirements: - AMP/DAC combo - Support for USB input - Support for 1/4 jack input - Support for 1/4 jack output or 3.5mm jack
  2. E

Recommendations on an AMP/DAC for Neumann NDH 20

My father just picked up a pair of Neumann HDH 20 headphones but doesn't have an amp/dac for them. Looking at the specs the impedance is 150 Ohms. Any recommendations for anyone using this headset? Looking for amp amp/dac combo, no set budget but something that's enough to power these at least.
  3. E

Best Sounds for $400-$600 budget DAC/AMP

Thanks everyone, I ended up ordering the JDS Element II (Red Ring) to start.
  4. E

Good points, thank you. BT and a remote aren't an issue in my case right now. This is my first DAC/AMP and mid-range headphones (this is my entry into HiFi!). Would the difference in output impedance be better sounding for the HX6XX? I'm debating if the extra $235+ is worth it for the DX7 Pro...
  5. E

Yeah I should have been more clear I guess. So it's down to the DX7 Pro (breaking the budget) vs Monolith THX 78: - DX7 Pro: $800 CAD - Monolith THX 788: $565 CAD I think starting with the 788 is probably the best bang for my budget, I can always upgrade later! This would be my first DAC/AMP...
  6. E

DX7s is in budget, DX7Pro is not ($800+ CAD). Is it worth the difference to upgrade to Pro. Yes Dirac and possibly EQ, they are not deal breakers tho.
  7. E

Looking for recommendations on a $400-600 budget on a DAC/AMP combo or separate (but within the budget total). I'm running the HD6XX headphones, XLR. Located in ON, Canada. I've been looking at the Monolith 788 for the past few months now and it has great reviews, and finally is back in stock...
  8. E

AMP/DAC Combo Recommendation for HD6XX

Looking for an amp/dac combo, that seems to just be an AMP and one that's $500 alone :(
  9. E

I'll probably go with the THX 788 as I'm guessing the Topping one will be in the $700 area. Thanks gvl and twsecrest!
  10. E

Hmm interesting, seems the release date is sometime in May.. with an unknown price..
  11. E

Looking for recommendations on an AMP/DAC combo for my HD6XX. Looking for something with XLR balanced.. I'm looking at the Monolith THX 788 and the Monolith THX 887 and heard about the THX 789. Not sure what to get, it seems the 788 has XLR IS NOT balanced? Looks like the 788 XLR IS balanced...
  12. E

Need advice for buying amp/dac for HD6XX!

Thanks, I took your advice and was looking at the stack you have, looks pretty top notch. I may follow suit since I don't yet know a ton about what's great when it comes to graphs/etc. The best advice I found it actually from your thread back early Nov: I'm looking for USB in, XLR out so that...
  13. E

I wasn't, newbie to HiFi here.
  14. E

So many options. Is it suggested to get an AMP with XLR for the best quality or stick to 1/4 inch? I'm looking at these https://periaptcables.com/products/4-type-4-dual-2-pin-sen-hd-series?variant=13627716763753 Also still not sure what to get. I may just grab the JDS Atom and see how it...
Top Bottom