Recent content by EVOLVIST

1. EVOLVIST

Review and Measurements of Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Streamer/Amp

Eh, never mind. I'll just keep my Linn. I love the sound of it. I imagine that the Sabre DAC will impart a different sound to the music that I might or might not enjoy (perhaps, higher highs, or lower mids, or something along those lines that we hear with other DACs). The Matrix DAC/streamer...
  2. EVOLVIST

Review and Measurements of Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Streamer/Amp

So, in theory, I should get better performance out of this $3k gear than my Linn KDS/3 streamer/DAC, which uses the same DAC as the one measured here? That's a very interesting proposition. Is there a return policy is it doesn't work out?
  3. EVOLVIST

Geshelli Archel2 Headphone AMP Review: another champ?

It probably is a combo of hearing my Linn KDS/3 for the first time via cans. Plus the amp is damn fine. Couple that with my new cans and I think I've reached a serendipitous symbiosis with my HP rig now.
  4. EVOLVIST

Then how come everybody isn't making amps like this? The idea of getting exactly what comes out of a DAC should be the call to all, i.e. "A wire with gain." I mean, I'm just asking, because I don't know. You make it sound so easy. I have the 2.5 and I've never heard such clarity in a headphone...
  5. EVOLVIST

I have no idea what this shit mean. :) What's the secret sauce and why isn't everybody doing it to achieve almost distortion-free results?
  6. EVOLVIST

Review and Measurements of Linn Akurate DSM DAC/Streamer

Okay, so I spoke to my buddy who is very much on the inside with Linn. He surprised me when he wrote that Linn is aware of @amirm measurements. Well, I guess it's not too surprising; the audio side of the internet is a small world. Anyway, I bought my KDS/3 in 2017 when the only way you can...
  7. EVOLVIST

Yeah, I'm seriously thinking about it. Amir wants to review it. I got even more curious about the Linn's performance when I plugged the Archel2.5 Pro HP amp into the Linn and used that for playback with my HE1000se cans. I was hearing a lot more music and a lot more micro-detail than I did...
  8. EVOLVIST

So, do you guys think that it would be worth having my Linn Klimax DS/3 measured by Amir, or do you think it will be the same as the Akurate as both have the same Katalyst DAC architecture?
  9. EVOLVIST

Geshelli archel2/.5 pro owners club

I got mine today. It didn't take but a few seconds to hear that I was hearing my Linn KD/3 and not the amp. This was because I had a few tracks selected that I would play through my Chord DAVE using my new HE1000se cans. I did this for a few days leading up to getting the Archell2.5. Then when...
  10. EVOLVIST

I get my 2.5 tomorrow, so I'm geeked! I listen with speakers mostly, but when I want the headphone experience, I'm looking to round out my gear and call it a day. I'm hoping this will be the missing link I've been searching for.
  11. EVOLVIST

I guess we're kind of assuming that the ARCHEL2.5 PRO Amp measures the same as the one reviewed here?
  12. EVOLVIST

I think I'm going to go ahead and order the ARCHEL2.5 PRO Amp and pair it with my Linn KDS/3. If the amp is everything it's said to be, then I should be getting the unadulterated sounds from the Linn into my HE1000se, yeah? I've never heard my Linn out of anything other than speakers. It...
  13. EVOLVIST

D-Sonic Amps...what do you think (in theory)?

Good question! I had one first and it couldn't drive my speakers for shit. Impedance: 6 ohms average, 4 ohms minimum at 35Hz. Sensitivity: 88.5dB/W/m Just no grip on the audio, all the way around. But that makes sense if I'm trying to drive them with the 100w that the AHB2 puts out. I would...
  14. EVOLVIST

I don't know. Every time I think about "upgrading" my D-Sonic amp I simply can't do it. I've brought in two Class A/B amps to demo since I made this post and whether I'm just used to the sound of the D-Sonic or what, I like what I have. Well, I don't don't know if it's being used to the sound...
  15. EVOLVIST

Yeah, these amps are nearly pure Pascal, if not 100% so. Whatever "proprietary" anything in there is...well, I don't even know if it's up for debate. I know where he buys his parts from. That's not a slam on D-Sonic, but I think I catch your drift.
Top Bottom