Recent content by Evang

1. E

Brand new to forum, looking for guidance setting up raspberry pi 4 as dedicated music server, the best player to use, no streaming.

Awesome, that's why I love this forum, thank you guys, great answers! Yeah I don't think I'll ever play music wirelessly, I'm sure it's bias on my part but I'll always connect my audio sources with cables. Having a tablet remote is pretty great though. Glad to see there's no audio drawbacks to a...
  2. E

Brand new to forum, looking for guidance setting up raspberry pi 4 as dedicated music server, the best player to use, no streaming.

Yes rkbates, thanks, took a few tries and a little time but I'm now able to see volumio in fing, just worried the same thing will happen tomorrow and the next day and the next as I didn't actually change any settings.
  3. E

Alright, second reupload and it's working, think I'm done for the night. Thanks for all the help, i'll start learnin up on router configuration. So is rpi a reliable music server or are these problems typical of what I should expect? Does it have to be left on all the time, i was planning on...
  4. E

So do I understand correctly that the problem is being caused by dynamic ip address allocation by the router?
  5. E

Yeah, doesn't work. I'll probably start from the beginning one more time just to make sure. In the mean time I'll try and learn how to set up that static ip and hopefully not mess up my router to much in the process.
  6. E

Okay if it still doesn't work maybe I'll give moode another try, thanks. Again if anyone can explain how to configure the router I'd love to try it, but googling the info in the above post and trying to understand it is going to take me some time. I don't even know if you're talking about making...
  7. E

Thanks, I'm really appreciative of the time you all are taking but again I am not knowledgeable with tech. Unfortunately I need specifics on how to do those things as I don't know what they mean. I have access to my routers configuration, I have fing, and I can get another ap if that's what I...
  8. E

Thanks, I could see it connected with Ethernet, and I downloaded fing and logged in as admin to my router and I believe I have theright password from the back of the router to make changes if that will be a permanent fix. What changes do I need to make? I have resetup volumio from Ethernet and...
  9. E

Ok, raspberry pi is visible as connected to the router via Ethernet on fing. Since I don't know what to do next I'll go ahead and see if I can setup volumio from scratch and hope it works again when I unplug the pi. This doesn't seem like a real fix to me though, as nothing has really changed...
  10. E

So again thank you for the help, I don't know anything about tech and don't understand any of this. I logged in to my router's network page but would not even know where to look for the pi. I downloaded fing and it shows all the desktop pc's but not pi. Next I will try connecting with Ethernet...
  11. E

So I had the power off and was adding music, now none of my browsers can find volumio.local or the ip.
  12. E

Also volumio's interface is so much better than iTunes, why don't they do a cross platform music player?
  13. E

Ok, I was using exfat because I still have the macs and am in the process of trying to convert my music setup to pc, which I'm clueless on how to use, basically I got fed up with iTunes. Is exfat no good with the pi? I just managed to Cobble together a powered USB, plugged the ssd in and...
  14. E

Also what happens when you connect multiple drives? I'm assuming the pi doesn't have enough power Or is it really the os that is limiting power to protect the circuitry? It took four or five rescans for the pi to read a flash drive, whats that about? There must be alot of diy pi PS's out there...
Top Bottom