Recent content by Eurasian

1. E

Omnidirectional speakers

ADS did exactly this with their Model 10 digital Acoustic Dimension Synthesizer. All you needed was a stereo amplifier and a pair of decent speakers mounted above ear height, aimed at the ceiling and placed behind the listening position. If you can find a copy, the owner’s manual provided a...
  2. E

Does anyone produce a USB to USB DSP that I can put in between a streamer and DAC?

I bet that you could use a laptop for this purpose. I use Equalizer APO and peace on a windows laptop and it works just fine as a streamer. I think APO can process 7.2 channels (maybe more) if you need that.
  3. E

revel concerta2 f36 vs kef q550

Check this out: https://www.ebay.com/itm/394940227827 And there seem to be plenty of original tweeters for sale currently
  4. E

Oops, I missed the part about the fried tweeters when I first read the OP’s post. That might be a problem, but maybe with patience a pair will show up on eBay or can be had from JBL
  5. E

If you can find a nearby speaker repair shop, you should be able to get the surrounds for all of the woofers and mids replaced for less than $200. Once you do this and track down and fix the cabinet resonance, you should be good for another 30 years. If you have some money left over, buy good...
  6. E

Reviewer recommendations?

How about Robert E. Greene? He has an in depth understanding of acoustics and has always been interested in loudspeakers that carefully utilize room interactions.
  7. E

Recommendations needed for a replacement for a miniDSP active crossover

I should add that you will need a multichannel dac. I have used the inexpensive Gigaport with great results.
  8. E

Recommendations needed for a replacement for a miniDSP active crossover

You might consider Audiolense XO since you use a PC. There is a bit of a learning curve but the results can be very good. Look for Juice hifi.
  9. E

1969-74 Dynaco A-25 speakers compared to modern designs?

I still have a pair of EPI 400s somewhere in my loudspeaker museum. They are basically 4 of the 50s in each box and are (reasonably) omnidirectional. Also known as the poor man’s 1000s! They are pretty with subtle brass trim and very heavy.
  10. E

Is it possible to automatically correct the phase using REW arithmetics?

This guy has it pretty much figured out: https://gearspace.com/board/studio-building-acoustics/1385187-david-brancato-digital-room-correction-methods-using-rew-rephase.html
  11. E

Are MBL omnidirectional speakers worth the $$$?

Sorry mhardy, I didn’t see your message before I posted. Your recollection is probably closer to the truth
  12. E

The word in the old days was that they needed 200W to sound great and 201W to melt the voice coil!
  13. E

I’m using a Sanders Magtech which makes something like 900 Watts into 4 Ohms. It is loafing along in my system since I mainly listen to classical and jazz at sane levels
  14. E

I am thoroughly enjoying my 30 year old 101Bs with Audiolense dsp.
Top Bottom