Recent content by Euphonious

1. E

Classical ♫ Music only | Some you listen now or recently, some you love...

If you're a fan of music for wind band this album is, I believe, even more dynamic than the Fennell/Cleveland. It was also an audiophile demo darling not that long ago. One of my favorites.
  2. E

Speakers from last century that you love

Only from the standpoint that, with a sweet spot measured in inches, they can't be shared. At least with headphones one is free to move about.
  3. E

Speakers from last century that you love

Even though I've only had them for three years, these Dunlavy SC-IVs quickly became my most-loved 20th Century speakers. As long as I sit real still.
  4. E

Examples of good usability in hi-fi equipment

I'm still enjoying the simplicity and tasteful design of my 1978 Denon PMA-630 integrated. Decision-making is kept to a bare minimum.
  5. E

Recommendations for Mid-20th Century and later classical composers

George Rochberg. A serial composer who returned to tonality with his 1972 hit, String Quartet No. 3.
  6. E

Nice turntables. Attached picture is an absolute requirement.

My primary player since 1975. Technics SL-1300 w/ carbon fiber headshell of unknown make. Current cartridge is a Shure M97xE.
  7. E

Let's share old, cheap-ish speakers with good measurements

The RABOS system IS those three dials (Frequency, Level, and Width) plus a CD, meter, tool, and graph. If you have "bos" set to off, then all the dials are off, too. No amount of clicks in either direction will make any difference whatsoever.
  8. E

Infinity RC263 Center Speaker Review

The folks over at AVS are reporting lengthy delivery delays on the RC263.
  9. E

what are your industrial design favorites?

1939 Auto Union Silver Arrow
  10. E

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Infinity Reference 152 for $135/pair. https://www.harmanaudio.com/home-audio/REFERENCE+152.html?dwvar_REFERENCE 152_color=Black-USA-Current&cgid=home-audio#start=1
  11. E

Review and Measurements of the PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC

Here's a new review of this device. Should help sales. https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/amplifier/preamplifier/ps-audio-stellar-gaincell-preamp-dac-review/
  12. E

Infinity R162 Bookshelf Speaker Review

The R162 is listed today at $179.99/pr. at Harman's site. https://www.harmanaudio.com/sale/REFERENCE+162.html?dwvar_REFERENCE%20162_color=Black-USA-Current&cgid=sale#start=1
  13. E

Research Project: Infinity IL10 Speaker Review & Measurements

The Entra line preceded the Primus line as Infinity's low-priced speakers. The drivers were constructed using what Infinity calls MMD instead of the CMMD (Ceramic Metal Matrix Diaphragm) used on the Interludes and later premium lines (Alpha, Beta, Kappa, Reference).
  14. E

Research Project: Infinity IL10 Speaker Review & Measurements

If you can get a fully operational pair of IL60s for $200, run for them now, if only on the basis of their spin. Better still if it has the RABOS kit included.
  15. E

Infinity R162 Bookshelf Speaker Review

Got my pair about 18 months ago, and these 71 year-old ears enjoyed them right out of the box. Which I expected knowing that their lineage goes back to the Interlude IL60s that have anchored my modest home theater for almost 16 years.
Top Bottom