Recent content by euge_lee

1. euge_lee

Curiosity question: What is "worse"... audio playing through AAC Bluetooth codec or having the audio upsampled to 48kHz?

That was stipulated in my original post. This is more of a "thought exercise"... mutually exclusive of the fact it's in my car.
  2. euge_lee

Curiosity question: What is "worse"... audio playing through AAC Bluetooth codec or having the audio upsampled to 48kHz?

So the "Tesla integration" (which I can do as I have lifetime premium connectivity) is lacking in that for "master/lossless" audio, you need to download the tracks. Streaming is limited to 160kbps. The setup I have with the Raspberry Pi also has an LTE modem added, so I can use the Android...
  3. euge_lee

It shouldn't be much different than a typical Android phone/tablet in terms of upsampling "quality" as that's done by the Android OS I think? And isn't hardware dependent?
  4. euge_lee

First, it's more of a mental exercise than one I believe I can actually discern between, especially when listening in a car. But... if you had a choice of a good 44.1kHz/16 bit lossless audio source playing through the stereo... and you had to choose between it being transmitted over Bluetooth...
  5. euge_lee

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

I had two leftover (unused) Martin Logan subs (one 10" and one 12" sealed)... so I use them in my home office desktop setup. Elac DBR62 MiniDSP Flex DSP Parasound HCA-1500A Amplifier (overkill but again, left over stuff) Martin Logan subwoovers They're integrated nicely to the point you don't...
  6. euge_lee

Is Anthem overrated? Considering switching to Denon

I have an older Marantz AV7005 pre-pro and have no desire for ATMOS and I've solved my 4K HDMI routing... so this was my plan with something like a MiniDSP DDRC-8A... but lack of DLBC keeps me from thinking it's worth it. And any "PC based" system is more than I want to get into.
  7. euge_lee

EQ in ROON guidance

Indeed it is, although the latest tutorial on youtube using "inversion" actually is quite easy to follow... but as mentioned, for two channel I prefer to have HomeAudioFidelity create them for me using their special techniques.
  8. euge_lee

EQ in ROON guidance

My favorite feature in Roon is the ability to use convolution filters. Check out homeaudiofidelity.com and with a measurement microphone using their tool, you can measure your room and send Thierry@HAF the info and he'll send you back professionally made corrections for your room. You don't...
  9. euge_lee

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

Power: about 5 feet USB: short, about 3 feet If you need exact, I can measure.
  10. euge_lee

iPhone Portable Solution That's Better than Bluetooth

Seems for those types of activity you just take off your audiophile hat and go with AirPods or something similar no?
  11. euge_lee

Music with amazing sub bass. Anything goes.

New album from Danny Elfman "Bigger. Messier.".... whole album is pretty cool... "In Time" has some good bass.
  12. euge_lee

I'm actually a dummy... I used to use a 2x4 HD and SMSL DAC feeding it analog... but recently got the FLEX and am sending it USB and using it as my DAC... so it was somewhat moot to begin with since I was bypassing ADC... but I know it still wants to upsample to 96kHz for DSP... which is fine...
  13. euge_lee

You are indeed correct... as this is what MiniDSP responded as well. All our processors require to resample to the DSP clock rate. Even if it's 96k sample rate, it's a different clock. Does this make sense? For that reason the ASRC is always active in all cases. It won't make a difference...
  14. euge_lee

Roon 2.0 Launched Today - Adds Mobile Listening

Fair comment... I only have port forwarding and as an IT guy, I'm not too concerned about that for a few reasons. Maybe not much value now but once ARC supports sending DSP'd streams... it will be great for an office or other remote setup outside the home.
  15. euge_lee

Roon 2.0 Launched Today - Adds Mobile Listening

Roon confirmed DSP is coming to ARC endpoints at some later date... looking forward to measuring my car's audio system in REW and doing some correction in it and having convolution filters playing through Roon ARC. LOL.
Top Bottom