Recent content by ethanhallbeyer

1. E

Topping D70 Pro Octo vs SMSL vs Others

So, this question is intended for the segment of the audience that believes in audible differences between DACs. I like the Topping D70 Pro Octo, primarily because of the pricing (compared to something like SMSL VMV series or SU-10), the fact that the A70 Pro would be a solid HPA and would be...
  2. E

SMSL SU-10 DAC Review

Did you consider SU-9 Pro or the D1se/D1se2 when you were deciding on a new DAC? The SU-9 Pro is like hundreds less than SU-10 and pretty close spec wise. Kind of still debating.
  3. E

Fosi Audio BT30D Pro review

Ok, I'm interested in getting either Fosi BT30D Pro or BT20A Pro. I want to use bluetooth, but don't like the idea of any random neighbor connecting to it and playing stuff through my speakers. Is there now a new model that gives you the option of having to press a button to pair? Also, I...
  4. E

Topping L70 Headphone Amp Review

Guys, this Toppping L70 or SMSL SH-9 (or something even better now in 2023)? The L70 seems to have more features, including a 12v trigger.
  5. E

SMSL SU10 vs SMSL D400ES [mornsun ?]

Speaking of XMOS chip... i thought i saw a thread about a 1-2 second delay in audio coming on when using with a PC for audio. I think it was determined to be due to the XMOS 316. The workaround appears to be modifying a driver file, which apparently works under Windows but no word about a...
  6. E

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

I've read reviews that Su9 Pro and Su10 isn't a big difference audibly, if at all. At least according to the review or two I came across. I'd imagine Su9n would be similar enough to Su9 Pro that it wouldn't be a huge difference?
  7. E

Warning for desktop users: SMSL stacks have issues without workarounds (PC/Mac)

Was this ever resolved? is there a firmware update for it? read something about modifying windows driver file to allow it to be always on also. Is there any workaround like that for Mac? What about mobile OS like iOS/Android?
  8. E

SMSL SH-9 THX Headphone Amplifier Review

Is the SH-9 still the best bang for your buck HPA in 2023, or is there something else to consider now?
  9. E

Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary speaker review & measurements by Erin's Audio Corner

Did you consider the KLH Model 5 (sealed) vs Linton, since one can position the former closer to the wall if needed? For mahogany version, it's on sale for about the same price as the Lintons. Just curious if you were able to compare the two. Looks like you compared with ATC and KEF R3. Do...
  10. E

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

How is the SMSL VMV A1 or A2 reliability and quality-wise, since it appears the Topping LA90 has some issues?
  11. E

Magnepan LRS+ - Like New - Off-White Color

They did away with the side trim and made it a bit slimmer. I think it was to make manufacturing easier and/or less expensive. They are supposed to have improved sound all around, but the price was increased considerably also. I don't have the original LRS to compare, and only did a quick...
  12. E

Magnepan LRS+ - Like New - Off-White Color

Magnepan LRS+ - Like New - Off-White Color Comes with Magnepan shipping box, all packaging and contents, like new. Was only briefly tested upon arrival to make sure everything is fine. Comes with matching metal speaker stand/feet, owner's documentation, spare fuses, mini allen wrench for...
  13. E

VMV D1se2 Stereo DAC Review

Then where does SU line fall into their lineup? The SU10 is more expensive with even better internal components and measurements.
  14. E

New Purifi amplifiers coming

Are these modules going to be that different from the 7040?
Top Bottom