Recent content by Esp3n89

1. Esp3n89

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

Hmm. Iv got my Khadas toneboard now, but Im getting a "hum" sounding that I can hear when i push the atom amp to the max. It has not been there with the other dacs Iv used. The hum is mainly at a 1000hz with its octaves upwards also sounding (but 1000hz is the loudest.) I was thinking could this...
  2. Esp3n89

Then I can say your probably not using ASIO as that's mainly a setting you have to choose in the programs, and few "normal"programs give you that option. ASIO is mostly used in the pro audio world where you have multiple channels in and out at high bitrate and sampling rate (kHz). So for you...
  3. Esp3n89

That should work fine for standard instances. You can try a lower ASIO if you use ASIO but for playback it's not really important. For the USB streaming mode. What choices do you have? I'm still waiting to receive my own KTB. So don't know the different options there yet. Though I'm guessing...
  4. Esp3n89

Buffer and latency isn't the most important thing to keep as low as possible unless you work with audio recording and especially then recording a track on top of a track you play back. A lot of video players today also automatically compensate. Games not so much. Especially competitive ones, but...
  5. Esp3n89

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

Well, frankly its not really. At least not in the pro audio world. The same actually also goes in the professional audio world. It is expected that the equipment (mostly mixing consoles in my work) is modular and easy to pick apart for cleaning f.ex. the wear of the linear faders and buttons. Im...
  6. Esp3n89

Review and Measurements of New JDS Labs Atom Headphone Amp

Hey. Anyone know the warranty rules for the Atom Amp? I have it and am waiting for the postage service to get me my Khadas Tone board. I'm very happy with the sound of the Atom amp. But I'm wondering if I should install it in a aluminium case together with the Tone board. Wouldnt require any...
  7. Esp3n89

As I understand you have the VIM version of the KTB. But do you have a Khadas VIM? It's kinda like a Raspberry PI. Where the cards are stacked on top of each other using the pin connectors. You need that for spidf out. As it the sends the VIMs audio signals out via SPIDF
  8. Esp3n89

Toslink to Coax converter

Yes I meant coax spidf :-) So something like this? https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/optical-toslink-adapters/adapter-converter-spdif-coaxial-to-toslink-bidirectionnal-p-13422.html It does'nt convert the audio signals in any other way than from optical to electrical?
  9. Esp3n89

Toslink to Coax converter

Hey guys. Iv got an 7-8year old Beresford Caiman Gatorized dac/amp, that lately has started failing. Through a series of test by me and my "music production and recording engineering" teacher we have narrowed the major fault down to either the wordclock circuit or the old burr brown chip itself...
  10. Esp3n89

Review and Measurements of Aune X1S DAC & Amp

How is the pro performing worse? Has there been any tests done? Im looking for a new dac and amp. Either separate or combined and the Aune x1s Anniversary and Pro is on my list. Also KTB and Atom is on my list and looking to "win" my order atm :-P
  11. Esp3n89

Do you need linear power supply for DACs?

Sounds like its just an inductor/choke that is vibrating. Iv got a few cheap chinese powerbricks that has this problem. As well as a bit from my GPU when fps goes crazy(loadscreen f.ex) :p. Some of the cheaper inductors/chokes are just glued together instead of having the plastic cast around it...
Top Bottom